Regardless, if you are one of the handful (really, there can't be more than two or three of you who visit daily) that made up the 65,000 hits on this blog, I hope you found the restaurant reviews useful, the pictures of strange things we saw, strange, and my occasional meeting notes from the Homeowners Association meetings informative.
I confess, I have no real format for what content ends up here, though I'm pretty sure there are at least a few cardiologists and fitness experts sending patients to the blog for an example on how not to live. In my defense, you really only see the unhealthy stuff; we actually eat 12 grain bread and lots of fruit and in spite of my girth, I seem to come up with pretty good blood work for the doctors. Better living through chemistry, I suppose.
At the end of the day, we see about 120-150 hits on the blog, and close to 200 page views everyday. Seriously, you people should get lives. Of course, it is always fun to see what search words bring people from Google to SilverCreek78250, so I'll leave you with a few of those.
Everyone wants to know about Jennifer Broomes' boobs. She is the petite weather lady on News 4 WOAI. Well, they also want to know about Karen Grace' boobs. She is the reporter and weekend anchor from KENS 5 TV. They also like Kim Fischer from WOAI-TV but they don't ask about her boobs.
Lots of people come here for the first time because they share my view that the ending of the movie "No Country for Old Men" really sucked. I'm still getting the occasional e-mail from people trying to make me understand!
This December, we saw a lot of people looking for Christmas Lights, though I confess, they were more interested in Windcrest lights, not so much Silver Creek lights.
And of course, people still can't get enough of the Texas A&M Aggie fan caught eating boogers on live TV at the Alamo Bowl.
And finally, many people stumble upon the page because they are hungry and want to know where to get some catfish, a good burger or some proper BBQ.
If you would like to see all the pictures of food (and who wouldn't?) that don't make it to the page when I talk about a particular restaurant, you are welcome to visit the official Flickr page here. Your mouth may just water.
Whatever it is that made you visit in 2008, Eva and I appreciate the time you took to gawk at our adventures and our lunches, and we hope that you have a wonderful and healthy 2009. As always, I have a running list of small towns, good restaurants and strange places that we need to visit and tell others about. I enjoy the many suggestions we get and hope you will tell me your suggestions.
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Official End of Year Report: It's Required...
I think it is a Blog-Law that you are supposed to write an end of year message, just so you can wrap things up into a nice package and people will feel like they have finished a chapter and tomorrow begins a new one. Who knows? Or maybe I'm supposed to wait until the 1st and provide a mission statement for what I expect will happen in the new year.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- Official End of Year Report: It's Required...
- Dinner Report: Clear Springs...
- Lunch Report: Lulu's Update...
- You Make the Call...
- Dinner Report: The Stockyards...
- Drive-in Movie Report: Well, Outdoors Anyway...
- Christmas Eve Wal Mart Report...
- You Make the Call...
- Late Lunch Report: Chick-A-Lay...
- HEB Plus Report: Madhouse...
- Lunch Report: Freddy's Frozen Custard...
- Friday Morning Notes...
- Dessert Report: Cookie Swap...
- Here's Your Warning: Timber Path to Close
- Lunch Report: Panera Bread, Lincoln Heights...
- Bath and Body Works Report: $165.00, really?
- Christmas Light Contest Report: Judging has Commen...
- Hot Chocolate Social Report: It's All About Santa,...
- The Morning Report: Garden Ridge & Ingram Mall...
- Lunch Report: Lulu's Revisited...
- River Walk Construction Update...
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Santa Report: Unexpected Sighting...
- The TV Report: Where Are My Shows?
- ▼ Dec 2008 (24)