Community Manager Report:
- CM reported that the Passages newspaper coming out for December will be on actual newspaper material instead of the higher priced shiny white paper they normally use. Something about supply and demand. We were assured that you will be able to read it, just the same.
- Office staff is busy scrubbing accounts, doing accountant-like training, and preparing for the big residential letter send. This is where they send a letter to you to tell how much you owe!
- You may recall discussion about a home in Silver Creek on Timber Spring that caught the attention of some people who found the current upgrades to be a little bit much. CM reports that the Architectural Control Committee reviewed the project, saw the city permits, took a tour of the property and approved the homeowners request to continue the project. Of course I have pictures, but I'd prefer to let you drive by and see for yourself. Very impressive and tastefully done. We could use more of this artistic flavor.
- Jose reports new information on the City of SA program to pass out t-shirts and water bottles to folks who volunteer to paint over graffiti, and reward the neighborhood associations with free paint (not the recycled stuff, but actual new paint) and sprayers and power washers to use in eradicating the crap. More info on this is available from Jose at the office, and as we get more information, I'll provide a full report.
- Jose will be putting together a DRACO class so residents can learn everything they need to know about code compliance. He will be opening this seminar up to residents from the neighboring homeowners associations, so if you live in Braun West, Creekside, NW Crossing or some of the other associations, this is something that may be helpful to you. When I get a date, I'll post it.
- Jose is also covering recreation and he reports that Basketball registration is taking place now through the 12th of December.
- Hot Chocolate Social will be held at the lodge on December 11th. Come see Santa and have some hot chocolate.
- If you would like to be considered for the annual Christmas Lights contest, you must have your lights on each night 12, 13 and 14 December so the judges can see them.
- Wanna be a judge for the Christmas light contest? Call Jose.
- The new edition of the GNW Cookbook is available at the lodge for $9.50. This is an updated version and has loads of new recipes and stories about the GNW from residents (including me).
- On the 1st of January, the annual Polar Bear Swim will be held at noon at the Silver Creek pool. Awesome T-Shirts designed by Minda and sponsored by Chase Bank are free to those brave folks that take the plunge into the chilly 60 degree waters!
- Fred tells us that painting inside the lodge is almost complete. It does look good I must say, the parts that have been done. I do hope they will paint the trim and molding with a good oil-based paint.
- He also reports that the soccer fields are going to be re-sodded soon. What this means is that they are going to have to water a lot and that means they will have to lock down the fields.
- They will be seeking volunteer old men to stand by the soccer fields to randomly yell, "Hey you kids, get off my grass!"
- Okay, I made that last one up.
- Chief Burton tells us we still have an issue with database containing the security reports. If anyone is an expert on
MS Access DatabaseFileMaker Pro, can you stop down by the lodge and help the guys out?