Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Friday, December 5, 2008

River Walk Construction Update...

I had to make a short trip downtown today and thought, what the heck, it's probably too cold for tourists, so why not see if anything else is going on over the side of the bridge, and in fact, we have some actual progress in our new River Walk extension. From my vantage point at the bridge on McCullough and St Mary's, here are a few pictures.The first thing you'll notice new from my last visit is that they have spread some fresh dark soil. And, in spite of the chilly weather, looks like things are starting to grow.I was especially impressed with the way the stairwells worked out.Looking further down the dry riverbed toward downtown, it was cool to see an actual barge turning around at the Lexington Avenue Bridge, just a block up.

3 comments:

Keith Alan K said...

The new sections are all swoopy/curvy and modern, like a Jetsons design using Flintstones materials.
Not complaining--very photogenic someday but it doesn't quite match.
Thanks for the update.

Dave said...

It is interesting that you mention it. I couldn't quite put my finger on it but even though I normally crave consistency with features being symmetric, there is something enjoyable about the seeming disregard for a standard "look" in the new design. The way the stair wells look totally different is one immediate thing. I can't wait to see it filled with water, and of course, it will be a treat to see the views from your lens.

Keith Alan K said...

I really want to shoot this new section, day or night.
Sadly, it will probably have to wait until the landscaping takes off and starts to look natural--maybe spring/summer 2010?
Crap...

At least we'll get to enjoy your updates until it's finished.
Thanks!

After getting our card stamped for buying 12 Papa Murphy's large pies we earned a huge free 'za tonight. I did my own happypizzadance, but nobody took pictures.

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites