I don't mean to waste anyones time here but we have an important situation that has arisen. Specifically, the Monday night TV shows we watch have all apparently come to a season end.
Don't get me wrong; we are not consumed with TV shows. We aren't members of the Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana fan club or anything, but we do record a certain group of shows and then watch them in commercial elimination fashion. The only night where we have an actual robust line-up we follow is Monday nights on CBS. But sure enough, tonight, the DVR refused to record the shows because it is smart enough to recognize re-runs. So instead, I will tell you about a handful of the shows we watch, and you can give me some suggestions for new ones.
Right off the bat, I do enjoy the Monday night CBS line-up of Big Bang Theory, How I met your Mom and Men, Men, Men. For several years we would watch CSI-Miami, but I have to be honest; I simply could not take Horatio Cane putting his hand on his hip and posing like each crime scene was a photo shoot for the ugly red head edition of Playgirl. Aside from the pure ickyness factor of Cane, I never could get over why the people all wore white pants and never got blood or anything on them.
It took my wife two full seasons to convince me to join the bandwagon, but on Tuesdays, I have to admit I like NCIS. Another one that just started this season is called The Mentalist, and although I do have some reservations about the main character always smiling, I have to admit we have enjoyed the episodes so far.
I was only a casual fan of Seinfeld (never even saw the final episode), but The New Adventures of Old Christine on Wednesdays is just so wrong that it is funny. Of course we like CSI-NY but we usually record several CSI's and CSI-NY's and save them up to watch in sort of a marathon session. I think it is going to be very interesting to see how Laurence Fishburne comes in and takes over for the guy who is the star of the show.
On Thursday's, we dig Grey's Anatomy, but seriously, if it goes the route of routinely having dead people on, I'll probably lose interest. I get my fill of dead folk from Ghost Whisperer on Friday's. And we've been finding that show to be more and more predictable, so ol' awkwardly dressed, big-headed girl may find herself on my list of ex-TV shows.
We don't bother with any reality shows. We watched the very first season of Survivor when they had the fat nekkid gay guy and his best friend, the retired Navy SEAL. What a hoot. How could you ever follow-up that mess?
Of course, We are huge fans of LOST! and can't wait. But we also have several shows on the cable channels that we love.
We joined the Sopranos bandwagon late and had to hold a marathon session of going to Block Buster so we could catch up on the first two or three seasons, and of course were saddened to see it end. But it was a great ending!
We also did the Block Buster catch-up deal on Deadwood and just hated to see that show come to a premature ending. Ditto for Carnivale.
So our new favorites from cable include Rescue Me and the just recently completed first season of The Sons of Anarchy. We did the Block Buster marathon session on Rescue Me and now, we just can't wait for the new season to start. We just happened to see the promos for SOA while watching the little mini-episodes of Rescue Me, and decided to give it a shot. Ron Peralman reminds me of the Beauty and The Beast, but somehow he works as a bad motorcycle club dude. And of course, Peg Bundy as his biker chick wife somehow works as well.
Okay, upon review I guess we do see a lot of TV shows but in actual ass-on-the-couch time, it isn't that bad. We DVR everything to the point that we will actually wait 10 minutes to watch a live TV show, just so we can skip through the commercials and catch-up to real time at the end.
I know there are numerous gems out there that we have just never made for. I'd love to hear your suggestions. We have every channel ever invented (UVerse U400 Package), so there is bound to be something we could be watching but haven't stumbled upon. Tell me what I have to see!
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- Official End of Year Report: It's Required...
- Dinner Report: Clear Springs...
- Lunch Report: Lulu's Update...
- You Make the Call...
- Dinner Report: The Stockyards...
- Drive-in Movie Report: Well, Outdoors Anyway...
- Christmas Eve Wal Mart Report...
- You Make the Call...
- Late Lunch Report: Chick-A-Lay...
- HEB Plus Report: Madhouse...
- Lunch Report: Freddy's Frozen Custard...
- Friday Morning Notes...
- Dessert Report: Cookie Swap...
- Here's Your Warning: Timber Path to Close
- Lunch Report: Panera Bread, Lincoln Heights...
- Bath and Body Works Report: $165.00, really?
- Christmas Light Contest Report: Judging has Commen...
- Hot Chocolate Social Report: It's All About Santa,...
- The Morning Report: Garden Ridge & Ingram Mall...
- Lunch Report: Lulu's Revisited...
- River Walk Construction Update...
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Santa Report: Unexpected Sighting...
- The TV Report: Where Are My Shows?
- ▼ Dec 2008 (24)