Okay, okay! We get it, Lulu's has some damn fine Chicken Fried Steak. When my wife and I visited for the first time, we also found out that they don't skimp on the platters. In fact, we had come to the conclusion that you could easily share the CFS between two people, and nobody would go hungry.
So this weekend, with my kids in town for the holidays, we rounded everyone up, put on the ol' eatin' pants and headed down to Lulu's for a gut bustin' lunch. You already know all the details about Lulu's (or if you don't, you can read the reports here and here), but we did find out two new important facts that are worth mentioning.
First, the CFS we had ordered before, you know, the one big enough for two, is apparently called "The Deputy". Well, if you are slightly a bit more hungry, why not order up "The Sheriff" which is what my daughter and son-in-law did, thinking between the two of them they could make quick work of it.This is "The Deputy". Notice it comes with the sides on the same plate.And this friends, is "The Sheriff" complete with a second plate for the double sides! And no, in case you have to ask; they did not finish it. Not even close.The second thing is something called The Railroad Burger. Last time we visited, I had a bacon cheeseburger that was outstanding. This is big and includes half an avocado! Good stuff.Consider it a public service. Either go really hungry or be sure to have plenty of room in the 'fridge, because you will want to eat it all, sooner or later.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- Official End of Year Report: It's Required...
- Dinner Report: Clear Springs...
- Lunch Report: Lulu's Update...
- You Make the Call...
- Dinner Report: The Stockyards...
- Drive-in Movie Report: Well, Outdoors Anyway...
- Christmas Eve Wal Mart Report...
- You Make the Call...
- Late Lunch Report: Chick-A-Lay...
- HEB Plus Report: Madhouse...
- Lunch Report: Freddy's Frozen Custard...
- Friday Morning Notes...
- Dessert Report: Cookie Swap...
- Here's Your Warning: Timber Path to Close
- Lunch Report: Panera Bread, Lincoln Heights...
- Bath and Body Works Report: $165.00, really?
- Christmas Light Contest Report: Judging has Commen...
- Hot Chocolate Social Report: It's All About Santa,...
- The Morning Report: Garden Ridge & Ingram Mall...
- Lunch Report: Lulu's Revisited...
- River Walk Construction Update...
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Santa Report: Unexpected Sighting...
- The TV Report: Where Are My Shows?
- ▼ Dec 2008 (24)