Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Great Northwest Carnival Canx; Luau is on...

I drove by the Lodge this afternoon and noticed the marquee pointing out that the Great Northwest Carnival planned for this weekend has been canceled. I did a little investigative listening and learned that the carnival company scheduled to provide rides and Official Carny Folk, was somehow caught up in the hurricane Gustav business east of the Mississippi, and unfortunately won't make it. Let's hope none of the people were injured or otherwise damaged beyond, well, life as a Carny. Of course, I'm only kidding. We we're huge fans of the show, Carnivale on HBO until they just arbitrarily stopped making it.

The good news is, if you planned on attending the Luau scheduled for the same night (this is open to GNW residents only - and they will be checking both GNW Cards and license to verify age), it is still on. So, as they say, put on a grass skirt, bring some beer or lemonade and join us for some fun on Saturday the 6th of September, at the Silver Creek Pool.

Need more info? Call the Lodge at 681-6268 or see the GNW Webpage.


No comments:

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites