Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Ads are Gone...

I'm not sure how many days ago it was - maybe last Friday - when I saw that goofy little feature on the Blogger Site suggesting that I put some advertisements on Silver Creek 78250.

Let me tell you, from the word go I've never written a word of this or gone through the process of resizing pictures of hamburgers and cars with holes cut into the hoods to make a buck. But I did think that if it wasn't costing me anything to have a few links at the top of the page, why not rake in a few thousand extra dollars a month, right?

The other day, I logged into the account out of curiosity. I looked at it and said, "Damn! I made 17 cents today!" But when I made the decision to pull the plug a few minutes ago, I went into the account to remove the code and looked closer at the numbers. Yea, that decimal will get you every time.

This less than a week worth of Internet entrepreneurship made me a whole one penny! That's right, $0.01.

And now I'll probably have to pay taxes on that.

3 comments:

Albatross said...

I've been wondering if that ad thing was worth it. I guess not, unless you have a blog with a really huge readership.

Oh well, I got into the blogging thing as a hobby, anyway. I'm just fine keeping it that way for now.

Anon E. Mouse said...

Yep, I wondered if Google was messing with you, or what.

Dave said...

I've been wondering if that ad thing was worth it. I guess not, unless you have a blog with a really huge readership.

Put some nekkid pictures on your Blog and you'll probably draw a crowd.

In my case, I'll stick to pictures of goofy people and fattening food and be happy with the occasional appreciative visitor.

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites