Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Thursday, September 18, 2008

GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...

My wife and I made the short trip down to the Lodge of the Great Northwest to attend the monthly regular Board meeting of the Great Northwest Community Improvement Association (GNWCIA). I'll keep the notes brief:

Members to Speak: The president of the GNW OWLS presented a letter to the board requesting assistance with converting some cabinets in the lodge used by the OWLS group into drawers. Some of the members are not as nimble as they were in their sixties, and having to reach into the lower cabinets often results in having to get down on the floor to maneuver in there. By installing some large drawers in place of the cabinets, I think we can all feel better that we won't have a broken hip or something drastic on our hands. I hope the board will find the money to make this happen, or better yet, I hope a resident with some carpentry skills will step up to help make this needed modification.

Community Manager Report: Financial report delivered, will address it at the next Executive Board Meeting. Residents should contact the office for a copy of the report in case they'd like to see this much awaited information.

Recreation Report: Halloween Party for adults on 17 October - I think this is a masquerade party. We had a great time at the Luau and plan to attend this little event.

Maintenance Report: You may note a bunch of cleaning up, trimming of trees and shrubs and painting going on. That would be maintenance doing their thing.

Security Report: Little bastards have splashed paint on cars parked along the street in Ridge Creek. If you see these punks, be sure to get the vehicle license and description and call the police. If you have a clear shot, take it. I mean, take the picture with a camera.

Committe Report: Election Officer Guildlines. Not sure what happened...

Items for Board Approval:
  • Recipe Book. The board approved the plan to update GNW cookbooks and sell them to residents at a price to cover costs. If you have a recipe you'd like to add to the cookbook, or if you'd like to write comments about your life in the Great Northwest, please e-mail them to Janet at jdoherty101@hotmail.com no later than 15 October. We need to get these to the printer so they will be available as a wonderful Christmas present.
  • Chili Cook-off: The board approved Ida's idea to hold a Chili Cook-off on 8 November at the Lodge. They are having a Crafts Show at the lodge that day as well as a big soccer event, so there will be multiple reasons to come out and buy a cup of chili. If you would like to be in the cook-off, please contact Stephanie down at the Rec Department.
And there you have it! Hope to see you at the next meeting.

No comments:

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites