From the Community Manager:
- Explained the issues involved in cancelling the Carnival that was scheduled for this weekend (Hurricane Gustov problems)
- Reminded us that the Luau Saturday evening is still on
- Mentioned that the Tennis Courts rennovation is still being evaluated
- Provided the long awaited financial report
- There is an Architectural Control Committee position opening
- Brush pick-up in Silver Creek 8-26 September
- Luau entry requires the GNW ID and a second ID verfying age. This is an adult party.
- Continued issue of people stealing potted plants and ornaments from people's yards
- Discussion about who controls the lighting at the soccer fields
Not much else to report. I did want to make a brief comment on the lighting of the soccer fields issue. It was brought up becasue there was concern over who can turn the lights on and off. There is a lockbox that secures the switch so that people can't just willy nilly turn the lights on and off. Instead, when needed, security personnel turn the lights on, then come back later and turn them off. The problem is, sometimes, only one or two people want to use the fields at night and it is percieved that this is a waste of electricity to light up the entire area. Also, becasue security may not get back to the field as soon as the users have left, the lights may stay on longer than needed - again, wasting electricity.
I'd like to suggest that an established closing time be set fro 10PM. This way, when security turns on the lights, a timer can be set that will automatically turn off the lights at 10PM.
I know that some might say it is a waste to leave the lights on if they are not in use, but I submit that many residents would use the field for exercise if it was lighted as a routine. Who wants to have to contact security (who may be out on a call or doing rounds) each time they want to use the fields?
I confess that I do not know how much the cost is to light the fields 3 hours each evening, but I tend to think that this is something that ought to be covered.
Your thoughts? Leave a comment or e-mail me.