Yep, we got the warning and everyone should have been ready to alter their commute beginning this Monday. Timber Path is officially closed so construction of a new bridge could take place.
If you are wondering where I'm talking about, here is a tiny little video to take you down memory lane. I know some of you may shed a tear when you recall the much easier days of cutting off a good chunk of the morning traffic at Culebra/Tezel/Grissom. Take a moment to compose yourself, and we can move on.
But, in spite of the fact that we motorists prepared ourselves, the road people didn't. This morning, I thought I would give Culebra a chance by getting on at the turn lane from Grissom Road. Bad move. Apparently, the people who control the lights have decided that there is only enough need for a protected turn signal to allow three cars (and that is if the first two are really ready to go) through the light at a time. I sat at about number 25 or 30 in line, backed up all the way to Timberwilde.
So, I gave it a few cycles of the light and got out of line and went all the way across Culebra/Tezel and basically turned around to approach from the opposite direction. I suspect tomorrow, just for grins, I'll give the Old Grissom way a little try-out.
I wonder if my company would arrange for a helicopter to get me to work?
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- SA Stock Show & Rodeo BBQ Cook-Off Report...
- Cowboy Breakfast Report: Brrr....
- Important TV Viewing Report: PINK, Chelsea, Howie....
- Bandera, TX: Cowboy Capital Trip Report...
- The Perfect Crime?
- Texas Comforts Oklahoma...
- More Chinese Vittles...
- Car Seats for Big Toddlers...
- The Bread Update: European Cheese & Herb...
- GNW Soccer Fields... If You Sod it, ...
- Lunch Report: Frontline BBQ in Lytle, TX...
- The Bucket is Here, The Bucket is Here!
- Timber Path Construction Update...
- River Walk Construction Update...
- GNWCIA Meeting Reports: My Notes...
- Do They Call it a Chinese Restaurant, if You Are i...
- The Bread Report: Baby I'ma Want You... (sorry)
- Perhaps Miss Manners Can Help...
- Johnny Mathis at the Majestic...
- Dinner Report: Outback at Loop 410 and Evers...
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: Chances Are...
- No, Really; Timber Path is Closed!
- Timber Path is Now Closed!
- Interesting Sightings Near 78250....
- Hole in the Wall Report: Stump's Steak House Grill...
- Comparison Report: TRH vs. Stockyards...
- New Years Day Report: Polar Bear Swim...
- ▼ Jan 2009 (27)
- ► 2008 (333)