You may have read (or seen on TV) that the City of San Antonio is making it a little easier for people who would like to help cover up the handy work of taggers. They have put together a kit in a 5-gallon bucket that comes with all the tools you need to get started cleaning up the vandal's work when you see it.Is this an awesome bucket or what?Inside the bucket it includes a gallon of recycled paint, a paint roller, roller cover, tray, paint brush, a safety vest and some safety goggles. I know that whenever I paint, I always wear safety goggles!
The kit also included some literature on different programs - did you know you can adopt a Via bus shelter? I think the best handout in the kit was a listing for who you should call to report defaced utility boxes and such. I'm going to provide that list over on the GNWatch page when I get a chance.
Anyway, long story short: if you would like to learn more about this really good program, please visit the city of San Antonio Graffiti Wipeout page here.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- SA Stock Show & Rodeo BBQ Cook-Off Report...
- Cowboy Breakfast Report: Brrr....
- Important TV Viewing Report: PINK, Chelsea, Howie....
- Bandera, TX: Cowboy Capital Trip Report...
- The Perfect Crime?
- Texas Comforts Oklahoma...
- More Chinese Vittles...
- Car Seats for Big Toddlers...
- The Bread Update: European Cheese & Herb...
- GNW Soccer Fields... If You Sod it, ...
- Lunch Report: Frontline BBQ in Lytle, TX...
- The Bucket is Here, The Bucket is Here!
- Timber Path Construction Update...
- River Walk Construction Update...
- GNWCIA Meeting Reports: My Notes...
- Do They Call it a Chinese Restaurant, if You Are i...
- The Bread Report: Baby I'ma Want You... (sorry)
- Perhaps Miss Manners Can Help...
- Johnny Mathis at the Majestic...
- Dinner Report: Outback at Loop 410 and Evers...
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: Chances Are...
- No, Really; Timber Path is Closed!
- Timber Path is Now Closed!
- Interesting Sightings Near 78250....
- Hole in the Wall Report: Stump's Steak House Grill...
- Comparison Report: TRH vs. Stockyards...
- New Years Day Report: Polar Bear Swim...
- ▼ Jan 2009 (27)
- ► 2008 (333)