Presentations and Delegations: I never really know what that means. Can someone just come up before the board and make a presentation? If so, I made some bread this last weekend that I would like to present, but really, it took about three hours. More importantly, does our HOA really receive delegations? Well, I suppose tonight, we had both presentations and delegations.
- Up first, From District 124 Texas House of Representatives Jose Menendez' office, Mr. Jeff Peterson came to give us an update on things going on. The big thing of interest to our crowd was the anti-graffiti bill being proposed (which I highly oppose). I did get a chance to talk to Mr. Peterson after the meeting and invite him to attend and speak at our GNWatch meeting on Wednesday 28 January so they can better address the proposed bill.
- Next, we had the auditors deliver a clean bill of health on the HOA finances. I'll be honest, most the stuff went right over my head, but when members of the audience asked questions, he had answers that all sounded legal to me. The important thing is, the guy did not look at the audience and tell us all that we need to have the board of directors arrested, and friends, that goes a long way in my book.
- Finally, residents to speak: One resident was concerned about the lack of quality minutes from the board meetings (lots of things redacted, and very little detail). Uh, hello? I provide all the detail necessary, don't I? He had some specific complaints of not enough detail on how items were bid (like the tennis courts repair, new signs etc.)
Community Manager Report:
- CM reports a lot of stuff going on. Bids for tennis courts, a DRACO sweep of Silver Creek, and spiffy new jerseys (no relation to New Jersey) for the kids playing basketball.
- They have a sponsor for the annual Superbowl viewing party being held at the lodge on the day of the Superbowl. I'll post more details on that when I get the dates and times sorted out. Should be fun.
- The board looked at a suggested ballot for the forthcoming elections and they approved it with minor modification. If you recall the annual meeting last year, there were some issues with the ballot. Should be fixed this year.
- Director Ida has put together a spiffy package for those folks who would like to run for the two available director positions. If you would like to become a director, the first step is to run for the position. Really, if interested, go to the Lodge and talk with the staff and pick up the forms. And if you are running, e-mail me so I can know if I should vote for you.