Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Perkins Report: Update on Artist/Reverend/Code Violator

I recently posted pictures and a few words about the Reverend Seymour Perkins, a well known East Side artist here in San Antonio who has been facing problems with his neighbors and the city code compliance folks. The city plans to bulldoze his house...

But according to the order issued Friday by Judge John D. Gabriel Jr., the home cannot be destroyed until at least Jan. 4, when a hearing to discuss a longer restraining order is scheduled.

The Express-News has more on that.

So if time permits tomorrow, I may drive by just to see if the art has gotten any better or worse. As I mentioned before, there is something wrong here. Maybe some people from one of the historic societies could pull one of their quick legal maneuvers to have his house (or at least the foundation of his church) placed in the national registry or something.

No comments:

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites