Update: When I told my wife we should take down our pop-up awning before going to HEB Plus, she said not to bother - the rain is over. Minutes ago, we pulled into Silver Creek to near flooded streets and a steady downpour.
I knew the re-grouting we did before we left was toast, but I didn't expect the demise of my trusty pop-up picnic shelter. I guess the deluge of water coming off the roof of the house was simply too much weight.
Please bear with me for one moment as I pay tribute to a true workhorse, my big pop-up shelter. You provided a needed respite from the sun during many an outing, including trips to Garner Stater Park, garage sales, and occasionally to shade me from the sun while working on a car. You folded up into a compact size and fit nicely into your canvas container, suitable for easy storage or conveniently placed in the back of my van for travel. You did your part to make tiling our patio more comfortable an experience, and you paid the ultimate price: collapsed structure, the result of an unrelenting and unexpected rainstorm - quite possibly of Biblical proportions.
Here is to sunnier days. Goodbye old $89.00 freind. You were a bargain when we bought you at Academy about seven years ago, and you will surely be missed.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (333)
- Sad State of Affairs Report: Mission Drive-In...
- Mission Report: Mission Concepcion
- Visit Report: Espada Park...
- Pothole Report: Patch me, Baby...
- GNW Watch Meeting Report: My notes...
- Baby Update: Possible Cygnet Eviction
- Random Report: Quick notes
- Flood Report: Most of us are just Dumbasses
- Rebate Report: Why I will never shop Office Depot ...
- GNW HOA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Free Advice to Developers...
- Home Cooking Report: Frying Fish
- Must See Place Report: San Antonio Shoe Factory an...
- Shopping Report: Sun Harvest
- A Chance Encounter Report: Meeting the Peña's
- Looking for Big Willy...
- Crappy Job Report: The Time I got Poop in my Eye.....
- Graffiti Report: City Repaints Oscar Perez Memoria...
- Shopping Report: The Shops at Artisans Alley
- Lunch Report: Earl Abel's
- Getting Side Tracked Report: Lourdes Grotto
- Report Update: Queens Cottage...
- GNW HOA Meeting Report: My Minutes...
- Mall Report: Ingram Park...
- Shopping Report: HEB Super Mercado
- Driving Report: McCullough & 35
- HOA Meeting Report: No 4th of July Fireworks, Real...
- Lunch Report: Babes on Fred Road
- GNW Parade Canx'd Due to Rain...
- Alright! We made the Express-News!! Yippie!
- New Store Report: Wal Mart at 1604 & Potranco
- Reader Report: Mission Trace Update
- Do-it-Yourselfer Tip: Don't Lay Tile in the Rain
- Tile Update: Tut Tut, Looks Like Rain...
- ▼ Jul 2007 (34)