Just a quick update on the HOA meeting tonight at the Great Northwest Lodge. The meeting wasn't closed per se, but it was not open to discussion by folks in the peanut gallery. For this reason, it seemed to go fairly smoothly with very little reportable fanfare. Of course, residents only stay for the open session. From there, the board meets in a closed session where I suspect they yell!
My wife, Eva, attended with me and we got to meet several of the folks I hadn't had a chance to meet last meeting including board member Ms. Sigrid Long and former board member Mr. Joe Martinez. We also met the GNW Security Chief Roger Burton.
I took quite a few notes and compared notes with some others and frankly, from my "outsider" point of view, there seemed to be only one or two minor topics that raised my "Give a Crap" meter in my mind.
What I saw as relevant and thoughtful questions posed by board member Mr. Guy Pucci to various members of staff, may have come across as micro-managing and a waste of time to others, but I suppose as residents of the Great Northwest, it would be on you as individuals to come to the meetings and find out what you think.
But more on the ongoings when I get a chance to look at my notes and such.
The reason we stopped and introduced ourselves to Chief Burton is, my wife volunteered for me to be the Block Captain for GNW Watch for our street. I'm not sure if it needs to be put up to a vote by my neighbors, but my promise is, I will hold another National Night Out Party like we did last year, and this time, supposedly there will be some sort of prizes and other swank, all being given out by local business/governments just for signing up and being "official".
So neighbors, BYOB, but let's not get so liquored-up that McGruff the Crime Dog has to make a few apprehensions.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (333)
- Sad State of Affairs Report: Mission Drive-In...
- Mission Report: Mission Concepcion
- Visit Report: Espada Park...
- Pothole Report: Patch me, Baby...
- GNW Watch Meeting Report: My notes...
- Baby Update: Possible Cygnet Eviction
- Random Report: Quick notes
- Flood Report: Most of us are just Dumbasses
- Rebate Report: Why I will never shop Office Depot ...
- GNW HOA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Free Advice to Developers...
- Home Cooking Report: Frying Fish
- Must See Place Report: San Antonio Shoe Factory an...
- Shopping Report: Sun Harvest
- A Chance Encounter Report: Meeting the Peña's
- Looking for Big Willy...
- Crappy Job Report: The Time I got Poop in my Eye.....
- Graffiti Report: City Repaints Oscar Perez Memoria...
- Shopping Report: The Shops at Artisans Alley
- Lunch Report: Earl Abel's
- Getting Side Tracked Report: Lourdes Grotto
- Report Update: Queens Cottage...
- GNW HOA Meeting Report: My Minutes...
- Mall Report: Ingram Park...
- Shopping Report: HEB Super Mercado
- Driving Report: McCullough & 35
- HOA Meeting Report: No 4th of July Fireworks, Real...
- Lunch Report: Babes on Fred Road
- GNW Parade Canx'd Due to Rain...
- Alright! We made the Express-News!! Yippie!
- New Store Report: Wal Mart at 1604 & Potranco
- Reader Report: Mission Trace Update
- Do-it-Yourselfer Tip: Don't Lay Tile in the Rain
- Tile Update: Tut Tut, Looks Like Rain...
- ▼ Jul 2007 (34)