No, not a job interview. A local writer is doing some work related to his Master's degree program and sought the assistance of several local bloggers to be interviewed for the project. While some went the route of answering a questionnaire via e-mail, I agreed to a face to face interview. It was actually pretty enlightening for me since I wasn't fully clear on what type of information was needed.
We met at the GNW Library and the interview took place in a small sound-proof (I hope, anyway) room. Patrick, the writer, recorded our conversation so I wouldn't be able to deny any of the evidence later. Or perhaps, he could tell from my blog that I am fairly long-winded, and there would be no way to keep up with me in the form of notes. Either way, we (mostly me) talked for just over an hour and a half. Geeze. My wife is right. I do take the long way around a barn.
A lot of the questions were centered on the "why" aspect of blogging, and whether or not I think I provide anything like a benefit to anyone. Good question really. I hope at minimum a few folks are somewhat entertained or at least informed from time to time.
Another part of the discussion talked about blogging versus traditional newspapers. I enjoyed that quite a bit. I certainly don't consider my blog a source of news per se, but I cover backwards driving vehicles and fashion tips for my neighborhood a lot better than the Express-News.
Anyway, the whole thing was a lot of fun and I hope the information and, dare I say it, insight that I provided will be of some use to the project.
Patrick has another project he is working on, and you can check it out here.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- Something Worth Supporting...The Leukemia & Lympho...
- Yard Work Report: Feels like Italy...
- A-Team Prepares Soccer Fields in Silver Creek
- Lunch Report: Red Robin is Open...
- Friday Evening Update: Happy Birthday...
- A Call From Anna...
- A-Team Event This Saturday...
- Sleepless in San Antonio Update:
- Lea's Ribs Report: Heaven...
- Cellular on Patrol Class a Success...
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Criminals for Sensible Gun Control
- Places Not to Eat and Other Important Notes...
- Dinner Report: Texas Ribs & BBQ, Clinton, MD...
- GNW Sentinel Report: All you need to know...
- River Walk Construction Update: Rain!
- San Antonio Zoo Report: Nice Monkey...
- The Lowe's Report: Outstanding Customer Service......
- The Post Interview Report...
- Lunch Report: Broadway 5050. Finally...
- Lunch Report: Jason's Deli...
- Festive in Alamo Ranch...
- Chupacabra in 78250? No. Coyote? Yes.
- Excitement in The GNW: The New Marquee is Here...
- Timber Path Construction Update: Quack...
- The Hulu Report: Manhattan, AZ...
- Handicapped Parking Rage: Strange in HEB
- Lunch Report: Hermann Sons Steak House in Hondo, T...
- ▼ Mar 2009 (28)
- ► 2008 (333)