Yesterday afternoon I received a phone call from Anna Caballero, you may recall that she is one of the handful of candidates seeking to replace Delicious Herrera in the SA District 6 Council seat. She called to say she enjoyed reading the blog post I made regarding her announcement at OPMP a while back.
In that note, I made mention of her web page and the fact that on her list of issues, tagging and graffiti had not surfaced. We discussed this and she tells me that she is working to update that and let people know of her strong desire to rid SA of this problem. I'll look forward to seeing what ideas she has. I suspect, during our association's meet the candidates night on April 6, tagging will be a topic.
Speaking of: Yesterday was quite a day with my presentation to the SA Graffiti Task Force followed by a much briefer performance at our monthly GNWatch meeting. We were given twenty minutes at the beginning of the meeting to just present a few thoughts and I finally shut-up (if only briefly) an hour later. I shan't go into the specifics of the meeting for obvious reasons, but suffice it to say, we left a few dropped jaws with the slides put up on the screen. On the way out the door, the Deputy Chief of SAPD had some very specific messages to take back to our community which I will convey in our local newspaper, Passages.
You'd think I was some sort of community organizer. Isn't that how Mr. Obama got started? Well, that and the Harvard degree...
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- Something Worth Supporting...The Leukemia & Lympho...
- Yard Work Report: Feels like Italy...
- A-Team Prepares Soccer Fields in Silver Creek
- Lunch Report: Red Robin is Open...
- Friday Evening Update: Happy Birthday...
- A Call From Anna...
- A-Team Event This Saturday...
- Sleepless in San Antonio Update:
- Lea's Ribs Report: Heaven...
- Cellular on Patrol Class a Success...
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Criminals for Sensible Gun Control
- Places Not to Eat and Other Important Notes...
- Dinner Report: Texas Ribs & BBQ, Clinton, MD...
- GNW Sentinel Report: All you need to know...
- River Walk Construction Update: Rain!
- San Antonio Zoo Report: Nice Monkey...
- The Lowe's Report: Outstanding Customer Service......
- The Post Interview Report...
- Lunch Report: Broadway 5050. Finally...
- Lunch Report: Jason's Deli...
- Festive in Alamo Ranch...
- Chupacabra in 78250? No. Coyote? Yes.
- Excitement in The GNW: The New Marquee is Here...
- Timber Path Construction Update: Quack...
- The Hulu Report: Manhattan, AZ...
- Handicapped Parking Rage: Strange in HEB
- Lunch Report: Hermann Sons Steak House in Hondo, T...
- ▼ Mar 2009 (28)
- ► 2008 (333)