So we had to hit the HEB Plus over on Potranco for our Sunday grocery refill and as we were walking in, I heard an older guy shouting. No, really screaming at the top of his lungs. Naturally, I stopped to seek the source of this excitement, and naturally pulled my camera from my pocket to ensure I had functioning batteries in case anything funny happened.
From what I could see, there was a Prius parked in the white lined out area next to a handicapped parking slot. The man was at the driver's side window of the car parked in the handicapped slot, yelling at the older lady driver inside. Of course, I just assumed it was a husband attempting to teach his wife proper parking.
But then I noted that the man started to leave his position of screamage, and head toward the Prius. The man was gesticulating wildly (and who doesn't like to see that in a public place?) and he actually went back to the car in the handicapped slot a few more times to scream some more.
As entertaining as this was, I realized that this older pissed off man was not in fact the driving instructor of the lady in the car parked in the handicapped slot, and for a moment, I began to walk toward the scene figuring I might have to bust a cap or something. Okay, I don't even know what that means, but tough talk is easy when your opponent is 90.I stopped short when Gramps got in his Prius and began to back-up from his position in the lined-out (meaning: no parking) place where he was at. That little Prius had a back-up beeper that sounded just like the ones you hear at 5 AM on a garbage truck in the city. And thankfully so. He was about to back right into a truck. Luckily, he stopped in time, then went forward against traffic and found another handicapped slot to park in.
So after all the excitement, the lady who was parked in the handicap slot, the one who the old guy was shrieking at, started to get out of her car. My wife quickly went over to her and offered to walk with her into the store in case the lunatic in the Prius attempted to confront her once she was out of her car. The very nice lady thanked my wife but told us that she was more than capable of taking care of herself as related to the blowhard. Turns out, he was upset that she got the spot before him so he confronted her. But what sent him over the edge was that she told him he could not park illegally in the striped area adjacent to the handicapped slot he wanted. I can't wait to hit 90. I'll start a blog about old people.Later, as we were walking through the HEB doing our shopping, I spotted Gramps loading up on the wine. If this is your Gandpa, I hope you will alert him to the dangers of mixing wine and Geritol.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- Something Worth Supporting...The Leukemia & Lympho...
- Yard Work Report: Feels like Italy...
- A-Team Prepares Soccer Fields in Silver Creek
- Lunch Report: Red Robin is Open...
- Friday Evening Update: Happy Birthday...
- A Call From Anna...
- A-Team Event This Saturday...
- Sleepless in San Antonio Update:
- Lea's Ribs Report: Heaven...
- Cellular on Patrol Class a Success...
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Criminals for Sensible Gun Control
- Places Not to Eat and Other Important Notes...
- Dinner Report: Texas Ribs & BBQ, Clinton, MD...
- GNW Sentinel Report: All you need to know...
- River Walk Construction Update: Rain!
- San Antonio Zoo Report: Nice Monkey...
- The Lowe's Report: Outstanding Customer Service......
- The Post Interview Report...
- Lunch Report: Broadway 5050. Finally...
- Lunch Report: Jason's Deli...
- Festive in Alamo Ranch...
- Chupacabra in 78250? No. Coyote? Yes.
- Excitement in The GNW: The New Marquee is Here...
- Timber Path Construction Update: Quack...
- The Hulu Report: Manhattan, AZ...
- Handicapped Parking Rage: Strange in HEB
- Lunch Report: Hermann Sons Steak House in Hondo, T...
- ▼ Mar 2009 (28)
- ► 2008 (333)