In case you hadn't seen the news, San Antonio has been in a record setting drought this year but in the last two days, we have gotten a wonderful, almost steady stream of the good kind of rain that fills the aquifer and makes the grass turn green.
So today, I had to do some work at my downtown office and thought I would wander over to the River Walk near McCullough and St Mary's, to see how the sudden onset of precipitation had impacted the construction.Well! I wasn't expecting water in the river! I know, that probably sounds goofy, but if you have been following my river walk construction updates, you know that the water along this stretch of river has been diverted into two huge pipes. Apparently, all this rain was a bit more than the pipes could handle. And look how the brown grass (which I was sure had just withered and died) is totally golf course green.And of course, other shrubs and plants and trees (except for the palm that looks like it didn't make it) are looking good. The last picture (above, right) shows the end of the water pipe feeding back into the regular river at the Lexington Avenue Bridge. It is flowing pretty darn good! We'll see how long it takes the excess river water to be drained.
Wanna see all the pictures? Of course you do. Head over to the River Walk Construction page on Flickr and see the transformation.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- Something Worth Supporting...The Leukemia & Lympho...
- Yard Work Report: Feels like Italy...
- A-Team Prepares Soccer Fields in Silver Creek
- Lunch Report: Red Robin is Open...
- Friday Evening Update: Happy Birthday...
- A Call From Anna...
- A-Team Event This Saturday...
- Sleepless in San Antonio Update:
- Lea's Ribs Report: Heaven...
- Cellular on Patrol Class a Success...
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Criminals for Sensible Gun Control
- Places Not to Eat and Other Important Notes...
- Dinner Report: Texas Ribs & BBQ, Clinton, MD...
- GNW Sentinel Report: All you need to know...
- River Walk Construction Update: Rain!
- San Antonio Zoo Report: Nice Monkey...
- The Lowe's Report: Outstanding Customer Service......
- The Post Interview Report...
- Lunch Report: Broadway 5050. Finally...
- Lunch Report: Jason's Deli...
- Festive in Alamo Ranch...
- Chupacabra in 78250? No. Coyote? Yes.
- Excitement in The GNW: The New Marquee is Here...
- Timber Path Construction Update: Quack...
- The Hulu Report: Manhattan, AZ...
- Handicapped Parking Rage: Strange in HEB
- Lunch Report: Hermann Sons Steak House in Hondo, T...
- ▼ Mar 2009 (28)
- ► 2008 (333)