I got my annual call tonight from the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society asking if I would be a sport and mail out some donation envelopes to my neighbors. They can send me the package and by me sending the envelopes to all my neighbors, the Society doesn't have to spend the money on postage. It sounds like a good plan, I suppose.
I have volunteered for this thing the last four or five years with limited success, and don't worry if you are a neighbor - I'm not keeping score - that isn't the point. But really, I'm thinking that based purely on statistics (previous donations), I could eliminate certain addresses from the mailings and save money on stamps, right? But then that would be cheating. If I told the people I would send envelopes to all the houses, I should just do it. Oh sure, I could hand carry them, but then that puts people on the spot. So this time around, I passed on the offer to be the guy who sends the envelopes. I had something that is probably more effective in mind.
Instead, what say we all save a little postage and I'll provide the link to the web page for my neighbor who is going above and beyond my simple efforts to put stamps on envelopes and send them out to 15 addresses.
Mary Kay is training to participate in her first triathlon on Memorial Day in Austin, and by contributing (even a buck or two), you can not only motivate her to make it all the way, you'll be relieving any guilt I may have had about saying no to the envelope sending.
So please, consider it a double good deed and check out Mary Kay's page.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- Something Worth Supporting...The Leukemia & Lympho...
- Yard Work Report: Feels like Italy...
- A-Team Prepares Soccer Fields in Silver Creek
- Lunch Report: Red Robin is Open...
- Friday Evening Update: Happy Birthday...
- A Call From Anna...
- A-Team Event This Saturday...
- Sleepless in San Antonio Update:
- Lea's Ribs Report: Heaven...
- Cellular on Patrol Class a Success...
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Criminals for Sensible Gun Control
- Places Not to Eat and Other Important Notes...
- Dinner Report: Texas Ribs & BBQ, Clinton, MD...
- GNW Sentinel Report: All you need to know...
- River Walk Construction Update: Rain!
- San Antonio Zoo Report: Nice Monkey...
- The Lowe's Report: Outstanding Customer Service......
- The Post Interview Report...
- Lunch Report: Broadway 5050. Finally...
- Lunch Report: Jason's Deli...
- Festive in Alamo Ranch...
- Chupacabra in 78250? No. Coyote? Yes.
- Excitement in The GNW: The New Marquee is Here...
- Timber Path Construction Update: Quack...
- The Hulu Report: Manhattan, AZ...
- Handicapped Parking Rage: Strange in HEB
- Lunch Report: Hermann Sons Steak House in Hondo, T...
- ▼ Mar 2009 (28)
- ► 2008 (333)