Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Sunday, March 29, 2009

A-Team Prepares Soccer Fields in Silver Creek

On Saturday, over a dozen A-Team volunteers stepped out into the unusually cool morning air to help get the picnic area and soccer fields in Silver Creek ready for the opening of the season. In spite of occasional wind gusts, A-Team members made quick work of gathering downed tree limbs, painting picnic tables, picking up trash and generally spiffing up the place.Here, A-Team volunteers paint one of the soccer goals in preparation for the action that starts soon. During the week, the fields will be marked with lines and when the season kicks off, the kids will get to test out the new grass that was installed a few months ago.

There are a few A-Team volunteer events in the planning stages coming up, including a chance to join forces with the Gifted and Talented students from Timberwilde Elementary. We are also looking into some efforts to plant shrubs along some of the sidewalks in the area in order to cover create cover for the fences. The great thing about volunteering with the A-Team is, you can join in on your own time line. If you can only help for an hour, nobody will pressure you to stay longer. On top of that, you will meet some great people and it will be fun.

Need more info on the A-Team? E-mail me and I'll put you in touch with the right folks.

No comments:

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites