On Saturday, over a dozen A-Team volunteers stepped out into the unusually cool morning air to help get the picnic area and soccer fields in Silver Creek ready for the opening of the season. In spite of occasional wind gusts, A-Team members made quick work of gathering downed tree limbs, painting picnic tables, picking up trash and generally spiffing up the place.Here, A-Team volunteers paint one of the soccer goals in preparation for the action that starts soon. During the week, the fields will be marked with lines and when the season kicks off, the kids will get to test out the new grass that was installed a few months ago.
There are a few A-Team volunteer events in the planning stages coming up, including a chance to join forces with the Gifted and Talented students from Timberwilde Elementary. We are also looking into some efforts to plant shrubs along some of the sidewalks in the area in order to cover create cover for the fences. The great thing about volunteering with the A-Team is, you can join in on your own time line. If you can only help for an hour, nobody will pressure you to stay longer. On top of that, you will meet some great people and it will be fun.
Need more info on the A-Team? E-mail me and I'll put you in touch with the right folks.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- Something Worth Supporting...The Leukemia & Lympho...
- Yard Work Report: Feels like Italy...
- A-Team Prepares Soccer Fields in Silver Creek
- Lunch Report: Red Robin is Open...
- Friday Evening Update: Happy Birthday...
- A Call From Anna...
- A-Team Event This Saturday...
- Sleepless in San Antonio Update:
- Lea's Ribs Report: Heaven...
- Cellular on Patrol Class a Success...
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Criminals for Sensible Gun Control
- Places Not to Eat and Other Important Notes...
- Dinner Report: Texas Ribs & BBQ, Clinton, MD...
- GNW Sentinel Report: All you need to know...
- River Walk Construction Update: Rain!
- San Antonio Zoo Report: Nice Monkey...
- The Lowe's Report: Outstanding Customer Service......
- The Post Interview Report...
- Lunch Report: Broadway 5050. Finally...
- Lunch Report: Jason's Deli...
- Festive in Alamo Ranch...
- Chupacabra in 78250? No. Coyote? Yes.
- Excitement in The GNW: The New Marquee is Here...
- Timber Path Construction Update: Quack...
- The Hulu Report: Manhattan, AZ...
- Handicapped Parking Rage: Strange in HEB
- Lunch Report: Hermann Sons Steak House in Hondo, T...
- ▼ Mar 2009 (28)
- ► 2008 (333)