Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

District 6 Candidate to Announce at OPMP, Saturday 1PM...

If you live around here, you probably got the door hanger announcing that a local resident, Anna Caballero, is running for District 6 Council to replace Delicious Herrera. If you'd like to get a gander at the candidate and listen to her announce, she will do so this Saturday at Oscar Perez Memorial Park located just outside of the Great Northwest on Timber Path.

I don't know the woman or details of her candidacy, and unfortunately, my wife and I are committed to another event at the same exact date and time as this announcement. Apparently, Ms. Caballero did not coordinate her announcement with Alan Jackson.

Anyway, why not attend and learn who she is and what she has to say. My guess is, the local taggers will have covered the skateboard park quite nicely just in time for the hopeful representative to answer questions about the graffiti issues in the area.

I must tell you, I checked out her web site (and you can see it here), and among her issues, tagging hasn't surfaced as of yet. I trust that will change when she gets a gander at how the church next to OPMP has the word "fuk" painted all over it and she sees what the little vandals have done to the park dedicated to another local resident who served as a San Antonio Police Officer.

Anyway, I wish the candidate luck in her run and hope to get an opportunity to hear her speak at another event as the race gets underway.

UPDATE: From the comments section, Anon E. Mouse tells us that there will be another chance to meet the candidate:
The GNW Board approved hosting Candidate Debates for City County District 6,7, and Mayoral races in April. Dates set for April 6, 7, and 8th.

District 6 on April 6th
District 7 on April 7th
Mayoral on April 8th.

Location Silver Creek Lodge. Start time to be announced later. Director Besing in charge of organizing this event.

Thanks for the info.

1 comment:

Anon E. Mouse said...

The GNW Board approved hosting Candidate Debates for City County District 6,7, and Mayoral races in April. Dates set for April 6, 7, and 8th.

District 6 on April 6th
District 7 on April 7th
Mayoral on April 8th.

Location Silver Creek Lodge. Start time to be announced later. Director Besing in charge of organizing this event.

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites