One word sums up our return trip to the SA Stock Show & Rodeo grounds Sunday: Chicken Fried Bacon.
Okay, that is probably three words, but still, it was the single most important thing you need to know. My wife had seen a story on Bob Phillips Hill Country Reporter about people eating CFB, and as unhealthy as it sounds, we just had to try some.Apparently, so did everyone else. The line was long and people were eager to pay $6.00 for an order of the heart attack in a serving boat.I'm not gonna lie; dipped in a little honey mustard, it was seriously good. This should be a regular breakfast item, everyday. With three or four eggs. And some biscuits. I can feel my arteries blocking themselves, just thinking about it all.
Anyway, that was the highlight. We were in and out of of the grounds in less than two hours. I've told you about the standing in line for free samples and giveaways before and all the shopping and such. Of course, if you weren't around to read about it last year, you can always go here. Or you can read about the actual rodeo and concert here. Or you can read about the Cowboy Breakfast, here. And don't forget the Rodeo BBQ Cook-off, here.
And don't forget the pictures on the Flickr page.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- Lunch Report: Texas Land & Cattle...
- Tavern Report: Rams Head Tavern, Savage, MD
- Views of Baltimore...
- Dinner Report: Five Guys, Inner Harbor...
- Breakfast Report: El Tropiko...
- Yard Work Report
- Strange in 78250: Things I saw Yesterday...
- Lunch Report: The Pig Stand, Mary Ann's Pig Stand....
- The Fiesta Store
- Breakfast Report: New IHOP at 1604 and Culebra......
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Sleepless in San Antonio: Sort of....
- In Defense of Bill Murray: Lost In Translation...
- The Rodeo Grounds Report: CFB
- Happy Valentines Day...
- R.I.P. Seymour Perkins...
- Cooking with Eva: Chicken and Yellow Rice...
- My Exciting Procedure...
- What the Hail...
- River Walk Construction Update...
- Rodeo Report: And Alan Jackson...
- Another Miss Manners Moment: Bennigan's...
- Important Notes: Fish, Parking, Mars...
- District 6 Candidate to Announce at OPMP, Saturday...
- Strange in 78250: Chupacabra...
- Ben Pucci on the Super Bowl...
- The Mad Crapper...
- ▼ Feb 2009 (27)
- ► 2008 (333)