I went last night to one of those clinics where they hook you up to a bunch of sensors and evaluate your sleep situation. I guess through a careful analysis of brainwaves, REM, leg movements and the all important failure to breathe evaluation, they can determine why it is an overweight guy with high blood pressure might have a problem with waking up ten times a night.This is me last night, all hooked up and ready to not sleep. I know; it does look comfortable.
My wife has her suspicions before I even get word back from the doctor. She's convinced I have, as one of the neighbors says, "the sleep App-nee".
At just after 5am this morning, twenty minutes before my usual automatic wake-up time, the technician walked in the room and disconnected me from all wires. Thankfully, instead of pulling off 2-inch strips of hair from my legs and chest, he suggested I could gently soap them up and pull the adhesive contacts off in the shower. If you hear a really loud scream in the next few minutes, you'll know he was lying about how easy it would be.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- Lunch Report: Texas Land & Cattle...
- Tavern Report: Rams Head Tavern, Savage, MD
- Views of Baltimore...
- Dinner Report: Five Guys, Inner Harbor...
- Breakfast Report: El Tropiko...
- Yard Work Report
- Strange in 78250: Things I saw Yesterday...
- Lunch Report: The Pig Stand, Mary Ann's Pig Stand....
- The Fiesta Store
- Breakfast Report: New IHOP at 1604 and Culebra......
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Sleepless in San Antonio: Sort of....
- In Defense of Bill Murray: Lost In Translation...
- The Rodeo Grounds Report: CFB
- Happy Valentines Day...
- R.I.P. Seymour Perkins...
- Cooking with Eva: Chicken and Yellow Rice...
- My Exciting Procedure...
- What the Hail...
- River Walk Construction Update...
- Rodeo Report: And Alan Jackson...
- Another Miss Manners Moment: Bennigan's...
- Important Notes: Fish, Parking, Mars...
- District 6 Candidate to Announce at OPMP, Saturday...
- Strange in 78250: Chupacabra...
- Ben Pucci on the Super Bowl...
- The Mad Crapper...
- ▼ Feb 2009 (27)
- ► 2008 (333)