It couldn't have been more than an hour after my wife broke down and turned on the air conditioner to help with the humid air this evening when after just a few flashes in the sky, I opened the back door to feel a really cool breeze coming over the back porch. I was hoping to let our good dog Gracie get in a good night squirt when I realized there were a few drops of rain coming down on the patio deck.
And then she took off. The dog, not my wife.
The back yard got pounded with some hail, the biggest being about the size of something a dog would chase. I suspect dogs have thicker coats in the winter, not to keep them warm from cold weather, but to protect them from their own stupidity (not that Gracie is stupid, mind you).
She ran around in the back yard, probably assuming that I was throwing ice and would soon be rewarding her with little treats, but instead all she got was the harsh warning from my wife, reminding her that she would not be coming upstairs if she was even close to wet.
I would have taken a picture, but sooner than the yelling was over, the hail was gone and aside from a few minor dirty paw marks on the tile, the incident was history.
How was your weather today?
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- Lunch Report: Texas Land & Cattle...
- Tavern Report: Rams Head Tavern, Savage, MD
- Views of Baltimore...
- Dinner Report: Five Guys, Inner Harbor...
- Breakfast Report: El Tropiko...
- Yard Work Report
- Strange in 78250: Things I saw Yesterday...
- Lunch Report: The Pig Stand, Mary Ann's Pig Stand....
- The Fiesta Store
- Breakfast Report: New IHOP at 1604 and Culebra......
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Sleepless in San Antonio: Sort of....
- In Defense of Bill Murray: Lost In Translation...
- The Rodeo Grounds Report: CFB
- Happy Valentines Day...
- R.I.P. Seymour Perkins...
- Cooking with Eva: Chicken and Yellow Rice...
- My Exciting Procedure...
- What the Hail...
- River Walk Construction Update...
- Rodeo Report: And Alan Jackson...
- Another Miss Manners Moment: Bennigan's...
- Important Notes: Fish, Parking, Mars...
- District 6 Candidate to Announce at OPMP, Saturday...
- Strange in 78250: Chupacabra...
- Ben Pucci on the Super Bowl...
- The Mad Crapper...
- ▼ Feb 2009 (27)
- ► 2008 (333)