In case you hadn't seen the Express-News sports section today, writer Douglas Pils wrote an interesting article about one of our neighbors, Mr. Ben Pucci. You can check out the full article by clicking here.
Most of you know, Mr. Pucci played professional football and was in fact a member of the 1948 Cleveland Browns of the AAFL, champions before they had a "Super Bowl".
Because Ben grew up in St Louis with the likes of Yogi Berra and Joe Garagiola (and a few other famous sports stars) on his block, he will be hoping that the Bidwell family and their now Arizona Cardinals win the big game today. And that is as good a reason as any for me.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- Lunch Report: Texas Land & Cattle...
- Tavern Report: Rams Head Tavern, Savage, MD
- Views of Baltimore...
- Dinner Report: Five Guys, Inner Harbor...
- Breakfast Report: El Tropiko...
- Yard Work Report
- Strange in 78250: Things I saw Yesterday...
- Lunch Report: The Pig Stand, Mary Ann's Pig Stand....
- The Fiesta Store
- Breakfast Report: New IHOP at 1604 and Culebra......
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Sleepless in San Antonio: Sort of....
- In Defense of Bill Murray: Lost In Translation...
- The Rodeo Grounds Report: CFB
- Happy Valentines Day...
- R.I.P. Seymour Perkins...
- Cooking with Eva: Chicken and Yellow Rice...
- My Exciting Procedure...
- What the Hail...
- River Walk Construction Update...
- Rodeo Report: And Alan Jackson...
- Another Miss Manners Moment: Bennigan's...
- Important Notes: Fish, Parking, Mars...
- District 6 Candidate to Announce at OPMP, Saturday...
- Strange in 78250: Chupacabra...
- Ben Pucci on the Super Bowl...
- The Mad Crapper...
- ▼ Feb 2009 (27)
- ► 2008 (333)