Sweet! My wife and I were out doing some late morning garage-sailing when right before our eyes we witnessed a guy in a truck pulling another guy in his little car. Okay, nothing to see here - moving along, moving along...
Oh, did I mention that the car being pulled was being pulled backwards?
The tandem zipped by us on Tezel quicker than my wife could yell, "You never have the camera when we see something good..." In the mean time I was pulling onto Tezel behind the scene of interest with my camera coming directly from my pocket and into shooting position!
Imagine how hard it is when people back out of parking spots at HEB; this guy was doing it like a pro at 35 miles an hour, around turns and all the while with nothing but the bed of the truck in front of him as a view. I'm impressed.
I have no idea why they chose to pull the car backwards as opposed to frontwards, but it made for a strange* but entertaining sight!
*With apologies to Strange in San Antonio
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (333)
- Flat Tire Report: What is with the screws?
- Lunch Report: Village Inn...
- GNW Watch Report: Meeting Notes...
- Seminar Report: Deed Restrictions, Code Violation...
- HOA Selling Your Home?
- Artists in Action...
- Strange in 78250: Backwards Driving...
- GNW CIA Meeting Report: My Notes... (be they ever ...
- GNW CIA Meeting Report: We did Attend - Notes to C...
- Graffitti Report: More Encouragement in the Fight....
- Reminder Report: GNW Draco Seminar - Sep 25th
- Arts & Crafts Report: Challenge Coin Holder
- Dinner Report: We do eat at home...
- Mall Report: Apparently, People Still Shop Ingram...
- Friday NIght Report: Sunset and Vittles...
- Tagging Report: Nabbing the Little Bastards...
- River Walk Report: Under Construction...
- What Motivates You?
- Parade Report: Mexican Independence in Wichita Fal...
- Hotel Report: Crescent Plaza - Downtown Proud...
- Trip Report: Up 281 to Wichita Falls Again...
- Local Soldier Lost...
- Public Service Report: Timber Path Floods Sometime...
- Dinner Report: Texas Roadhouse
- Labor Day Report: Parade in the Great Northwest
- Brunch Report: Taco Martinez #2
- Hashknife Update: Yum!
- ▼ Sep 2007 (27)