As a make-up for the annual 4th of July parade that had to be canceled due to inclement weather, the Board and Staff of the Great Northwest Community Improvement Association put on the 1st annual Labor Day Parade this morning. Though the sky was a tad bit cloudy, rain failed to put a damper on the assembled parade participants or the crowd that gathered along the route to watch the patriotic event. Yet another reason to be proud to live in this area.
The parade was escorted by members of San Antonio's finest, on motorcycles, patrol cars and truck units.As the festive parade participants made their way from Zachary Middle School down Timber Path, The Grand Marshall, Mr. Lee Besing was driven in the "mini-'Vette" (or Geo Metro) by fellow board director, Mr. Richard Garcia.
Next, a large group of Scouts who show up for parades, rain or shine, walked, rode, and sang Jodies along the route.Another board director, Mr. Guy Pucci passed in review cool as can be in an old LTD, accompanied by his beautiful pooches!Director Janet Doherty showed the patriotic spirit with her van fully decorated for the occasion.As the parade made its way toward the turn onto Timberwilde and the Lodge, residents of the old folks home enjoyed all the pomp and circumstance.In fact, residents of all ages enjoyed the short but enjoyable parade including this couple who cheered on the parade as it passed in review.When the parade ended at the Lodge, participants readied themselves for a nice Labor Day Picnic.Smells like it's time for a hot dog!
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (333)
- Flat Tire Report: What is with the screws?
- Lunch Report: Village Inn...
- GNW Watch Report: Meeting Notes...
- Seminar Report: Deed Restrictions, Code Violation...
- HOA Selling Your Home?
- Artists in Action...
- Strange in 78250: Backwards Driving...
- GNW CIA Meeting Report: My Notes... (be they ever ...
- GNW CIA Meeting Report: We did Attend - Notes to C...
- Graffitti Report: More Encouragement in the Fight....
- Reminder Report: GNW Draco Seminar - Sep 25th
- Arts & Crafts Report: Challenge Coin Holder
- Dinner Report: We do eat at home...
- Mall Report: Apparently, People Still Shop Ingram...
- Friday NIght Report: Sunset and Vittles...
- Tagging Report: Nabbing the Little Bastards...
- River Walk Report: Under Construction...
- What Motivates You?
- Parade Report: Mexican Independence in Wichita Fal...
- Hotel Report: Crescent Plaza - Downtown Proud...
- Trip Report: Up 281 to Wichita Falls Again...
- Local Soldier Lost...
- Public Service Report: Timber Path Floods Sometime...
- Dinner Report: Texas Roadhouse
- Labor Day Report: Parade in the Great Northwest
- Brunch Report: Taco Martinez #2
- Hashknife Update: Yum!
- ▼ Sep 2007 (27)