Okay, work with me here.
We were driving home from a so-so visit to Applebee's (more in a second) and my wife noticed this cool looking scene along Grissom Road with the sun hiding behind some clouds.
Is it just me, or does it look like my big dog and little dog laying down in the back yard sunning themselves? I don't know. You hear about people who get visions of The Virgin in their toast or an appearance of Jesus in a a splotch of bird crap on their car windshield. I see dogs in the clouds.
Oh, before I left for work today, my wife had this idea of hitting Chilis for an early dinner this evening. On the way home, I called to tell her I was inbound and she said we ought to change up things a bit and go see Applebee's.
I don't have anything bad to say about Applebee's, although it does seem like they are revamping their "from the freezer to the microwave to your table" menu about every month or two. I tried the Bruschetta Burger. According to the menu, "This 100% Angus burger is juicy, robust—and like no other. It's crowned with a zesty pesto sauce and fresh bruschetta mix, and set on thick wedges of mozzarella. Served between grilled foccacia bread for a delicious crunch. Crispy garlic fries sprinkled with shaved Parmesan complete this classic."
The French fries seemed to be thrown in a small cup and mixed with shredded garlic bread. I suppose, but the appearance made me think that perhaps some earlier customer had left some fries and another customer had left some garlic bread and some crafty cook in the back mixed them together to make my dinner.
But, not bad at all. My hat is off to the creative genius who recycled that into a tasty treat.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (333)
- Flat Tire Report: What is with the screws?
- Lunch Report: Village Inn...
- GNW Watch Report: Meeting Notes...
- Seminar Report: Deed Restrictions, Code Violation...
- HOA Selling Your Home?
- Artists in Action...
- Strange in 78250: Backwards Driving...
- GNW CIA Meeting Report: My Notes... (be they ever ...
- GNW CIA Meeting Report: We did Attend - Notes to C...
- Graffitti Report: More Encouragement in the Fight....
- Reminder Report: GNW Draco Seminar - Sep 25th
- Arts & Crafts Report: Challenge Coin Holder
- Dinner Report: We do eat at home...
- Mall Report: Apparently, People Still Shop Ingram...
- Friday NIght Report: Sunset and Vittles...
- Tagging Report: Nabbing the Little Bastards...
- River Walk Report: Under Construction...
- What Motivates You?
- Parade Report: Mexican Independence in Wichita Fal...
- Hotel Report: Crescent Plaza - Downtown Proud...
- Trip Report: Up 281 to Wichita Falls Again...
- Local Soldier Lost...
- Public Service Report: Timber Path Floods Sometime...
- Dinner Report: Texas Roadhouse
- Labor Day Report: Parade in the Great Northwest
- Brunch Report: Taco Martinez #2
- Hashknife Update: Yum!
- ▼ Sep 2007 (27)