Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Monday, July 7, 2008

Fireworks Report: No Missing Fingers...

I like to watch things 'splode just as much as the next guy, but I have to confess that I just don't get the urge to go out and purchase a hundred bucks worth of fireworks so I can take a chance on starting the neighbor's yard on fire or seeing a kid blow a finger off. Well it may be cool to see a kid blow a finger off, just not my kid.

I also have a well established aversion to Pinatas ever since I had to tackle my blindfolded nephew while he continued to swing furiously with a bat, even though all the other kids were diving wildly for the candy erupting from the tortured papier-mache Ninja Turtle.

Isn't it funny how the things that are supposed to be fun for kids are always somehow dangerous?
Anyway, setting caution to the wind, my wife and I called the neighbors and we all met out in the front of the house to get a perfect view of Sea World's fireworks display on the 4th. We live miles from Sea World, but because the way our street is on a downward slope, we seem to have a perfect, direct view without any trees blocking the path. Here are just a few. They don't seem nearly as spectacular without the boom.

No comments:

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites