The other night, my wife picked up one of those already made rotisserie chickens from HEB - they really are good if you have never tried one - and on the way to pay, the guy came out yelling, "Hot Bread!" which naturally caused her to buy a loaf. Personally, give me a stick of butter and a loaf of that fresh hot French bread, and I could sit there and eat it all, by myself and call it dinner.
So, I'll make this quick and to the point. Though no lawsuits are planned or expected, I took about my third bite into the delightfully soft and tasty bread and for some reason, bit down on it on the right side of my mouth, only to feel a sharp pain. I stopped chewing for a moment and did that little trick where you use your tongue to inspect the contents of your mouth, and sure enough, there was a foreign object in my French bread. Before I could say the words, "One Tough Lawyer", I ejected the object from my mouth into my hand to find that it was not part of the tasty and chewy hot French bread, but rather, a sizable portion of my tooth and filling that was holding said tooth together.
Quickly dismissing any thoughts of sudden wealth via the legal system, I wrapped the tooth chunk into a small napkin for later review and continued eating, though very delicately I must report.
Tuesday morning, I was able to call my regular dentist and get a same day appointment for a little inspection of the damaged area. Long story short, my dentist tells me, "you know the drill" (no pun intended, I'm sure) "let's numb you up, get things cleaned up and put a temporary crown on it." Yes, I do know the drill having had a couple of crowns installed less than 3 months ago. Perhaps I should just buy this guy a car and we can call it even.
This morning, I got up and honestly, it feels as though six people have been pulling and pushing on my jaw. The local anesthetic is good. It makes you not realize how really painful things are at the moment, and that makes the dentist work easier without worrying about whether or not you are in pain. But he knows. Later, you'll be at home with a huge headache and ringing in your ears, but of course, he'll be sipping martinis on the veranda looking over yacht brochures.
Oh, and to top things off; I totally forgot to put the tooth under my pillow last night, so now, I'm out at least a buck or two.
How much does the Tooth Fairy give you for a tooth? Tell me about it.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (333)
- Weather Report: Time for a few more Gigs!!
- Great Northwest Watch Report: Dinner and Meeting
- Developers Advice Update: A New Church...
- Arby's Report: The Ol' Bait & Switch...
- Weather Report: Something is in the Air
- Downtown Report: The Buckhorn Saloon & Museum
- Hashknife on the Chisholm Update
- Friday Report: A Few Notes...
- 4000+ Report: You People Must Be Bored!
- Dinner Report: Grady's BBQ
- New Look Report: The Old Pearl Brewery...
- Friendliness Report: HEB Shoppers
- Lunch Report: Sunday Lunch with my Mother-in-Law
- Lunch Report: Tip Top Cafe...
- Shopping Report: Habitat Home Center
- Ceiling Update: Because You Know you Want to See ...
- HOA Meeting Report: My Notes... or Lack Thereof.
- Ceiling Update: Half Way There
- Wet Ceiling Report: My Wife, The Plumber...
- Lunch Report: TGI Fridays...is not that good.
- Trash Report: The Brush Collection has Started!
- Appliance Replacement Report: Burnt House Averted;...
- Medina Lake Report: A Visit to Thousand Trails Pre...
- Swimming Pool Report: No City Take-Over
- Self Promotion Report: Passages Letter to the Edit...
- Weather Report: You think the weather is crazy he...
- Library Report: The Remodeled GNW Library
- National Night Out Report: A Good Time was had by ...
- Getting Ready for National Night Out...
- Dinner Report: My Personal HEB Commercial
- Shopping Report: Bussey's Flea Market
- Shopping Report: Garden Ridge
- Lunch Report: Red Robin at The Rim...
- GNW CIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Accident Report: French Bread Causes Broken Tooth....
- ▼ Aug 2007 (35)