Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Dinner Report: My Personal HEB Commercial

Here in San Antonio, HEB, our grocer of record, has taken over everything, and I'm not complaining at all. Unlike many chains that come up with their own company logo'd brands, HEB has some really good quality stuff. If you don't believe me, get yourself a huge bowl of their Creamy Creations brand ice cream. I promise, if you don't like it, I'll come over and finish your allotment.

So anyway, I do enjoy cooking out on the grill from time to time and I always enjoy a good recipe to try. I am told that my grilled pork spare ribs (the recipe I stole from the husband of my wife's High School freind) are to die for. But those take time and today, I had a hankerin' for a little beef. What to do? HEB's pre-marinated beef fajitas.

Life could not be any easier than this. First, took an onion and sliced it up so I could sautée it with butter and garlic. Then, I took a pack of the HEB fajitas, and I simply opened them, followed by throwing them onto the already awesomely burning grill. Are you getting hungry yet?

As those puppies were getting their cook on, I grabbed a pack of freshly made HEB brand tortillas (still warm when I bought them) and threw a few on the grill for good measure.

Just before pulling the vittles from the outdoor cook center (the grill), I sliced up some avocado for support.

As I finish this entry, my wife is walking in the front door ready for a quick, awesome meal of fajitas, onions, avocado and tortillas.

It's true, I am the man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say It was a tasty treat.... Oops thats your saying . How about Scrumptious !!! The sweet onion added to a great flavor of beef was awesome.I should let you cook more often.

Always,
Evamarie

Albatross said...

I love HEB fajita meat! Man, that's good stuff!

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites