Here in San Antonio, HEB, our grocer of record, has taken over everything, and I'm not complaining at all. Unlike many chains that come up with their own company logo'd brands, HEB has some really good quality stuff. If you don't believe me, get yourself a huge bowl of their Creamy Creations brand ice cream. I promise, if you don't like it, I'll come over and finish your allotment.
So anyway, I do enjoy cooking out on the grill from time to time and I always enjoy a good recipe to try. I am told that my grilled pork spare ribs (the recipe I stole from the husband of my wife's High School freind) are to die for. But those take time and today, I had a hankerin' for a little beef. What to do? HEB's pre-marinated beef fajitas.
Life could not be any easier than this. First, took an onion and sliced it up so I could sautée it with butter and garlic. Then, I took a pack of the HEB fajitas, and I simply opened them, followed by throwing them onto the already awesomely burning grill. Are you getting hungry yet?
As those puppies were getting their cook on, I grabbed a pack of freshly made HEB brand tortillas (still warm when I bought them) and threw a few on the grill for good measure.
Just before pulling the vittles from the outdoor cook center (the grill), I sliced up some avocado for support.
As I finish this entry, my wife is walking in the front door ready for a quick, awesome meal of fajitas, onions, avocado and tortillas.
It's true, I am the man.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (333)
- Weather Report: Time for a few more Gigs!!
- Great Northwest Watch Report: Dinner and Meeting
- Developers Advice Update: A New Church...
- Arby's Report: The Ol' Bait & Switch...
- Weather Report: Something is in the Air
- Downtown Report: The Buckhorn Saloon & Museum
- Hashknife on the Chisholm Update
- Friday Report: A Few Notes...
- 4000+ Report: You People Must Be Bored!
- Dinner Report: Grady's BBQ
- New Look Report: The Old Pearl Brewery...
- Friendliness Report: HEB Shoppers
- Lunch Report: Sunday Lunch with my Mother-in-Law
- Lunch Report: Tip Top Cafe...
- Shopping Report: Habitat Home Center
- Ceiling Update: Because You Know you Want to See ...
- HOA Meeting Report: My Notes... or Lack Thereof.
- Ceiling Update: Half Way There
- Wet Ceiling Report: My Wife, The Plumber...
- Lunch Report: TGI Fridays...is not that good.
- Trash Report: The Brush Collection has Started!
- Appliance Replacement Report: Burnt House Averted;...
- Medina Lake Report: A Visit to Thousand Trails Pre...
- Swimming Pool Report: No City Take-Over
- Self Promotion Report: Passages Letter to the Edit...
- Weather Report: You think the weather is crazy he...
- Library Report: The Remodeled GNW Library
- National Night Out Report: A Good Time was had by ...
- Getting Ready for National Night Out...
- Dinner Report: My Personal HEB Commercial
- Shopping Report: Bussey's Flea Market
- Shopping Report: Garden Ridge
- Lunch Report: Red Robin at The Rim...
- GNW CIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Accident Report: French Bread Causes Broken Tooth....
- ▼ Aug 2007 (35)