I continue to be pleased with the quality and price of Papa Murphy's pizza, you know, the kind they prepare at their shop, then you take home and bake at your leisure. Tonight, my wife picked up huge Chicago Style pizza for only $9.00 and it was awesome.
But first, the complaint: The other day when we were at HEB Plus, we happened to see a sign at the Papa Murphy's on Potranco that said something about Customer Appreciation day on Tuesday. I suppose they offered some special deal that caught my wife's attention, so she went to our regular Papa Murphy's on Culebra and 1604 to get in on it. Turns out, they only appreciate the customers at Potranco, not any of the other stores. Whatever. I submit they have the best deal on pizza, period.
Anyway, since she couldn't get whatever the special customer appreciation deal was, she ordered the huge Chicago Style pizza, regular $13.99 for a large (which is way more than even four people ought to be able to legally eat, much less two) for $9. You just take it home, toss it in your oven, and a few minutes later it is resting itself on your hips and thighs.
The pizza is one of those stuffed with two layers of dough. It comes with Salami, Pepperoni, Italian Sausage, Ground beef, Roma tomatoes, sauce, mozzarella and onions. She substituted spinach for the onions.
Seriously, if you haven't given Papa Murphy's a shot over the usual Pizza Hut or Domino's, you really ought to. Otherwise, you're missing out on a Tasty Treat!
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- The Inseam Incident...
- Lunch Report: 410 Diner on Broadway...
- Lunch Report: Eva's Trip to Western Broiler
- Almost Lunch Report: Bubba's...
- Christmas Eve Spirit: Friendly Mall Patrons...
- Emporium Report: Krazy Vatos...
- Eva's Day Out...
- Times Change, Attitudes Change, We Get Over It...
- I'm Sorry , We're Open...
- Breakfast Report: Jim's Again and Again...
- Lunch Report: NY Hot Dogs on Mainland...
- Cat on a Hot Composite Shingle Roof...
- Dinner Report: A Big Mac...
- Road Trip Ideas: Route 66...
- Missed Picture...
- Dexter Season Finale: Holy Crap!
- Hurley's Rat...
- Timber Path Construction Update: Connected...
- Saturday Report: Odds & Ends...
- Hot Chocolate Report: Santa in the House...
- Friday Notes: Busy, Busy, Busy...
- Wild Life in 78250...
- Monk is Done and Al Bundy is a Modern Grandfather....
- Dinner Report: Papa Murphy's Chicago Style...
- Lunch Report: Spoonz at HEB Plus on Potranco...
- ▼ Dec 2009 (27)
- ► 2008 (333)