I'm not usually in the habit of scouting industrial parks for a good place to eat, but we have driven by this little New York style hot dog place many times, always threatening to stop. Then, I saw an ad for the place in Passages, our local paper and thought we ought to make an effort to try them out.
Sabrett is apparently a popular hot dog brand in New York, and so the owners of this little hot dog place called appropriately, NY Hot Dogs, serve that brand exclusively.
The place is small with only three tables, so don't plan on taking an entire office full for lunch. But we found it to be very clean and very bright. For a minute, I though we had walked into a muffler shop off of Commerce Street or something. It is quite yellow!
We both ordered the combo - a dog, bag of chips and soda for $4.50. Not bad at all. I got the dog with some sort of red onion sauce and brown mustard. It was easily a step above what you get at Exxon Tiger Market for a buck.
My wife added chili and cheese to her dog (they do charge extra for both chili and cheese but other toppings are free). The chili was pretty good.
All in all, for a quick snack, I'd go again. Certainly not the atmosphere of Frankfurter Express, but close to home.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- The Inseam Incident...
- Lunch Report: 410 Diner on Broadway...
- Lunch Report: Eva's Trip to Western Broiler
- Almost Lunch Report: Bubba's...
- Christmas Eve Spirit: Friendly Mall Patrons...
- Emporium Report: Krazy Vatos...
- Eva's Day Out...
- Times Change, Attitudes Change, We Get Over It...
- I'm Sorry , We're Open...
- Breakfast Report: Jim's Again and Again...
- Lunch Report: NY Hot Dogs on Mainland...
- Cat on a Hot Composite Shingle Roof...
- Dinner Report: A Big Mac...
- Road Trip Ideas: Route 66...
- Missed Picture...
- Dexter Season Finale: Holy Crap!
- Hurley's Rat...
- Timber Path Construction Update: Connected...
- Saturday Report: Odds & Ends...
- Hot Chocolate Report: Santa in the House...
- Friday Notes: Busy, Busy, Busy...
- Wild Life in 78250...
- Monk is Done and Al Bundy is a Modern Grandfather....
- Dinner Report: Papa Murphy's Chicago Style...
- Lunch Report: Spoonz at HEB Plus on Potranco...
- ▼ Dec 2009 (27)
- ► 2008 (333)