I have put it off for quite a while but have finally had to join my many fellow bloggers that have resorted to making comments slightly more difficult to leave. Don't worry, it won't be an ordeal. You'll simply have to go the extra step of typing in a verification word to prove that you are a human.
It has been the strangest thing. I have been getting a repeated spamming by some Japanese language poster, repeatedly spamming to my report on the Longhorn Cafe. Every time I would check my e-mail, I would see that someone had posted a comment to that same blog entry, and it was always in Japanese symbols. Of course, I would immediately go in and remove the comment, and it wasn't that big of a deal. But after today getting approximately 10 different computer generated spam comments on various older posts, I figured it was time.
One of the cool things about the comments is, when someone does a search and finds an older blog entry and wants to leave a comment, I receive an e-mail alerting me to it, so I can go read what it says and even reply back. Otherwise, I would never know that someone left a comment. I know it sounds crazy, but I don't go back and read what I wrote two years ago.
The other thing I did was, I added a moderation thing for comments made on posts over 14 days old. I figure that ought to be enough to keep the Japanese guy from spamming me.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- The Inseam Incident...
- Lunch Report: 410 Diner on Broadway...
- Lunch Report: Eva's Trip to Western Broiler
- Almost Lunch Report: Bubba's...
- Christmas Eve Spirit: Friendly Mall Patrons...
- Emporium Report: Krazy Vatos...
- Eva's Day Out...
- Times Change, Attitudes Change, We Get Over It...
- I'm Sorry , We're Open...
- Breakfast Report: Jim's Again and Again...
- Lunch Report: NY Hot Dogs on Mainland...
- Cat on a Hot Composite Shingle Roof...
- Dinner Report: A Big Mac...
- Road Trip Ideas: Route 66...
- Missed Picture...
- Dexter Season Finale: Holy Crap!
- Hurley's Rat...
- Timber Path Construction Update: Connected...
- Saturday Report: Odds & Ends...
- Hot Chocolate Report: Santa in the House...
- Friday Notes: Busy, Busy, Busy...
- Wild Life in 78250...
- Monk is Done and Al Bundy is a Modern Grandfather....
- Dinner Report: Papa Murphy's Chicago Style...
- Lunch Report: Spoonz at HEB Plus on Potranco...
- ▼ Dec 2009 (27)
- ► 2008 (333)