Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Comments...

I have put it off for quite a while but have finally had to join my many fellow bloggers that have resorted to making comments slightly more difficult to leave.  Don't worry, it won't be an ordeal. You'll simply have to go the extra step of typing in a verification word to prove that you are a human.

It has been the strangest thing.  I have been getting a repeated spamming by some Japanese language poster, repeatedly spamming to my report on the Longhorn Cafe.  Every time I would check my e-mail, I would see that someone had posted a comment to that same blog entry, and it was always in Japanese symbols.  Of course, I would immediately go in and remove the comment, and it wasn't that big of a deal.  But after today getting approximately 10 different computer generated spam comments on various older posts, I figured it was time.

One of the cool things about the comments is, when someone does a search and finds an older blog entry and wants to leave a comment, I receive an e-mail alerting me to it, so I can go read what it says and even reply back. Otherwise, I would never know that someone left a comment.  I know it sounds crazy, but I don't go back and read what I wrote two years ago.  


The other thing I did was, I added a moderation thing for comments made on posts over 14 days old.  I figure that ought to be enough to keep the Japanese guy from spamming me.


We'll see.  

8 comments:

Rich said...

Domo arigato!!

Anonymous said...

うわーっ、私はあなたが日本語を話したと思いました!

Maureen said...

I wonder what Longhorn Cafe means in Japanese? Must be something juicy!

Albatross said...

Hey, you know what they say -- Everything in moderation.

:-D

Word verification: ratero -- Tex-Mex for burrito de raton.

DILLIGAF said...

Kanechiwa or whatever....

Honourable Silver Creek San. I no spam.

One spam I got many moons ago reckoned I'd inherited a fortune from some guy in Nigeria. My Uncle Umpago or someone.

My family used to be decidely odd but Uncle Umpago?

Anonymous said...

うわーっ、私はあなたが日本語を話したと思いました!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I had the Asian spam on just one older post. I finally just closed the comments on that one and they went away! (probably jinxing myself here).

Deep Forest said...

Yeah..whatever it is he said...how do you know it's spam Dave ???

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites