On a routine visit to the dry-cleaners to pick up some laundry, I witnessed in a matter of seconds, proof that we are experiencing a total breakdown in the societal norms which allow us to be able to live together without clubbing one another over our heads. Because I keep my camera handy for moments such as this, I can provide the evidence you need.First, this is the sort of thing that you simply shake your head at. An inconsiderate person simply pulls into an available parking space without any notion that the lines were nicely drawn so as to assist him or her in the decision process on how best to situate the vehicle to best accommodate other vehicles whose owners may wish to park similarly. Here, good society has gone out of its way to help guide individuals into what can reasonably be agreed upon as the best use of space for everyone. Instead, our friend here parks in front of the Dry Cleaning Station taking two spaces.
Of course, you say, if they are just running in and out of the cleaners to pick up the laundry, how long could it possibly take? Well, if the person who parked in front of the cleaners had actually gone in to the cleaners, perhaps only a few seconds. But in this case, when I walked into the cleaners myself, they were not there. Probably a good thing to. Though I am the calm one who simply takes pictures, my wife let loose with a verbal thrashing of the inconsiderate person for all to hear.
But poor parking is mere child's play.
What kind of impatient bastard takes a dump in the middle of a parking lot?As I delicately stepped out the door of my vehicle, I spotted the foul evidence and loudly proclaimed, Oh! My! God! Eager to learn what I was OMG'ing about, my wife came to my side of the van to investigate what I had witnessed. In short order, she assed this to be Rottweiler poo and not the result of some poorly placed human defecation. WTF? Am I living in Animal Planet and is my wife suddenly an expert on the scat habits of large breed vicious dogs? Don't e-mail, I know Rottweilers are all friendly, it's just the owners that are bad.
Look, I've seen a Rottweiler take a dump on a street once while we were visiting my sister-in-law in Rockport; The beast just wandered down the middle of the street and looked at us and left about a foot long steamer that resembled an 8 day old banana. He actually looked at us and smiled when he did it. Now I know this might lead one to believe that it is a normal habit for a Rottweiler to crap on asphalt, but having viewed the aforementioned "business" and compared it to what someone left in the parking lot in front of the dry cleaners, I'm not so sure this wasn't the result of either a homeless guy or perhaps a young child being held up by a parent eager to avoid an accident in the pants.
Either way, like the truck driver who couldn't be bothered with parking between the lines, the person who left this little deposit has no respect for the people - the society that they live among.
And let's just say that maybe it was a Rottweiler, shouldn't that thing be on a leash?
Oh, and in case you are wondering, no, the sty that I had in my eye a while back did not come from watching that dog in Rockport poop on the street.
Attention PETA: No animals were harmed in providing proof of the total breakdown of society.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- Strange in WHMC Report: What the Hell?
- GNWatch Report: My Notes - Great Turnout!
- Reminder: GNWatch Meeting 27 Feb 08
- Tree Trimming Report: Timber(Your Street Here)...
- River Walk Construction Update: Actual Walk...
- Garcia Park: A Little Church...
- Lunch Report: Schilo's...
- Trip Report: Houston Street Market & Fair...
- The Grill Report: Fried Fish...
- SilverCreek78250: Russian Style
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- San Antonio Menu's...
- Neighborhood Report: GNW Library Tagged...
- Cool Campaign Idea...
- Dinner Report: Chili's on Valentine's Day...
- Rodeo Report: Cows go Moo...
- GNWatch Update: Park Police to Speak...
- Tezel Construction Update: Light at the end of the...
- Goofy Sighting Report: Fish Family...
- Lunch Report: McBee's Bar-B-Q in Hondo...
- Elvis Sighting: Tractor Supply Co, Castroville TX
- Trip Report: Lytle, Natalia, Devine...
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: Not Much to Say...
- Lunch Report: Rib House Update...
- A Total Breakdown in Society: Proof in a Parking L...
- Super Bowl: Ha Ha!
- A-Team in Action: Tennis Anyone?
- Two Goofy Things...
- Dinner Report: Tiagos Cabo Grill...
- ▼ Feb 2008 (30)