Several members of the reinvigorated A-Team busted out paint brushes, rollers and a five-gallon bucket of tennis court green and took action to combat deteriorating wood backboards and give them a face lift until something can be done to replace them.I'm sure tennis players and people driving by the courts at the Lodge of the Great Northwest in Silver Creek would agree, the practice backboards looked pretty rough. Though some of the boards have been replaced, the paint was not consistent and it all needed help. Theses 4 x 8 foot plywood panels allow tennis players to practice their sport and are a standard fixture in most tennis courts. The courts at Silver Creek have a total of 32 4 x 8 sheets, so you can imagine that to scrape and paint them was no minor task. You'll find that even the worst painters around can make a difference, especially when those who are a little better at it are able to cover the minor mistakes of others!In addition to a fresh coat of paint, some minor clean-up and replacing of some tie-wraps helped the courts regain some of the original splendor.This is just one of the type of things you might enjoy helping with in support of the community by offering up some of your time to the A-Team. As we put on the final touches, we were already talking about what new project we might tackle next and how as a group of volunteers, we could get out into the fresh air, enjoy the company of neighbors and do something worthwhile for the community.
Won't you join us?
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- Strange in WHMC Report: What the Hell?
- GNWatch Report: My Notes - Great Turnout!
- Reminder: GNWatch Meeting 27 Feb 08
- Tree Trimming Report: Timber(Your Street Here)...
- River Walk Construction Update: Actual Walk...
- Garcia Park: A Little Church...
- Lunch Report: Schilo's...
- Trip Report: Houston Street Market & Fair...
- The Grill Report: Fried Fish...
- SilverCreek78250: Russian Style
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- San Antonio Menu's...
- Neighborhood Report: GNW Library Tagged...
- Cool Campaign Idea...
- Dinner Report: Chili's on Valentine's Day...
- Rodeo Report: Cows go Moo...
- GNWatch Update: Park Police to Speak...
- Tezel Construction Update: Light at the end of the...
- Goofy Sighting Report: Fish Family...
- Lunch Report: McBee's Bar-B-Q in Hondo...
- Elvis Sighting: Tractor Supply Co, Castroville TX
- Trip Report: Lytle, Natalia, Devine...
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: Not Much to Say...
- Lunch Report: Rib House Update...
- A Total Breakdown in Society: Proof in a Parking L...
- Super Bowl: Ha Ha!
- A-Team in Action: Tennis Anyone?
- Two Goofy Things...
- Dinner Report: Tiagos Cabo Grill...
- ▼ Feb 2008 (30)