Up until the last quarter - or even the last five minutes of the last quarter, there wasn't a whole lot of excitement in this years Super Bowl. Not even the highly anticipated commercials were that good. Though, we did get a chuckle out of that Doritos one where the guy sets a mouse trap and sits back, listening to some opera or something and waits for the mouse to get whacked. Then, as soon as he eats a Dorito, a guy in a mouse suit (there was no attempt to make it appear like a big mouse - clearly a guy in a poorly fitted mouse suit) jumps out of the wall and tackles him. Pure genius. Well, compared to most of the others.
So call me a guy looking for a spoiler. I know Tom Brady and the Patriots are a phenomenal team and deserve much credit for their great season. But Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! I could not have been happier to see them get smacked. Dolphins fans and old players everywhere can rejoice.
We had family over to watch the spectacle and partake of my well-enjoyed pork ribs that I have adapted from a secret recipe I got from the husband of one of my wife's friends. DeeeeLicious. During half time, we drove down the street to the Lodge of the Great Northwest to check out the festivities at the lodge. Don't tell the NFL, but they put up the game on the huge screen and it looked great! Is it me, or does Tom Petty look like he is about 80? Maybe it was the beard.Some folks from the neighborhood, the Diaz, who own a restaurant and catering service, Taqueria El Nortenito over off of Castroville and 34th provided a free spread for the event. Though we had eaten in the first quarter, my wife and I grabbed some tostadas and let me tell you, the homemade shells and the salsa were great. Turns out, El Nortenito isn't that far from work, so I may have to slip out for lunch and give the full menu a look see.
We went back to the house to finish the game and do some clean-up action and as much as I fully expected the Patriots to simply score a few times and pull ahead, it just didn't work out for them. Again, I simply offer this: Ha Ha!
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- Strange in WHMC Report: What the Hell?
- GNWatch Report: My Notes - Great Turnout!
- Reminder: GNWatch Meeting 27 Feb 08
- Tree Trimming Report: Timber(Your Street Here)...
- River Walk Construction Update: Actual Walk...
- Garcia Park: A Little Church...
- Lunch Report: Schilo's...
- Trip Report: Houston Street Market & Fair...
- The Grill Report: Fried Fish...
- SilverCreek78250: Russian Style
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- San Antonio Menu's...
- Neighborhood Report: GNW Library Tagged...
- Cool Campaign Idea...
- Dinner Report: Chili's on Valentine's Day...
- Rodeo Report: Cows go Moo...
- GNWatch Update: Park Police to Speak...
- Tezel Construction Update: Light at the end of the...
- Goofy Sighting Report: Fish Family...
- Lunch Report: McBee's Bar-B-Q in Hondo...
- Elvis Sighting: Tractor Supply Co, Castroville TX
- Trip Report: Lytle, Natalia, Devine...
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: Not Much to Say...
- Lunch Report: Rib House Update...
- A Total Breakdown in Society: Proof in a Parking L...
- Super Bowl: Ha Ha!
- A-Team in Action: Tennis Anyone?
- Two Goofy Things...
- Dinner Report: Tiagos Cabo Grill...
- ▼ Feb 2008 (30)