Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Monday, January 21, 2008

River Walk Construction Update...

It has been a short while since the last progress report so, thanks to the Martin Luther King celebration today, I had the opportunity to work downtown. No, I wasn't with the estimated 100K marching to honor Dr. King (though, one of these years, I plan to do march if only to take pictures of the assembled freaks who try to hijack the event). Aside from the fog that rolled in shortly after I arrived at work, (these are pictures taken from my 12th story view of downtown San Antonio), I understand the the march went without a hitch.
As to the construction - note the carve out for steps to come up to McCullough Street near St Mary's. Also, they have made some serious progress with the beautiful walls.
Workers were hard at it - no marching for them either. I hope you took at least a few moments today to reflect upon the work and the message of Dr. King. Or, at least enjoyed your day off, if you had one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR THE RIVERWALK TO BE OPEN...PLEASE KEEP POSTING..SORRY YOU HAD TO WORK..WHILE OTHES ENJOYED THE DREARY WET COLD FOGGY GLOOMY DAY

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites