It has been a short while since the last progress report so, thanks to the Martin Luther King celebration today, I had the opportunity to work downtown. No, I wasn't with the estimated 100K marching to honor Dr. King (though, one of these years, I plan to do march if only to take pictures of the assembled freaks who try to hijack the event). Aside from the fog that rolled in shortly after I arrived at work, (these are pictures taken from my 12th story view of downtown San Antonio), I understand the the march went without a hitch.
As to the construction - note the carve out for steps to come up to McCullough Street near St Mary's. Also, they have made some serious progress with the beautiful walls.
Workers were hard at it - no marching for them either. I hope you took at least a few moments today to reflect upon the work and the message of Dr. King. Or, at least enjoyed your day off, if you had one.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- Great Northwest Watch Report: My Notes...
- The Gratitude Campaign...
- River Walk Construction Update: Here's Your Fix......
- Lunch Report: Fat Cowboys
- Christine, TX: Howdy Mr. Parker...
- Let's Rodeo, San Antonio...
- Hot Bread Report...
- Trip Report Part Two: Thanks, Ted...
- Luggage Report: Where is Mine?
- River Walk Construction Update...
- Lunch Report: Maverick Grill in Floresville...
- Trip Report: Wilson County and Karnes County...
- Dinner Report: Lone Star Grill...
- Hair Report: Locks of Love...
- Daily Drive Report: Culebra + Rain = Wreck(s)...
- Dinner Report: 99 in Nashua, NH
- Lunch Report: Blake's Cafe...
- Ridge Creek Park Report: A-Team Clean-up Action......
- Lunch Report: Rib House...
- GNW Volunteer Opportunity: Saturday 12 Jan at 10AM...
- Infamous Names From the Past...
- Key Word Search Report: What Brought You Here?
- Trip Report: Kingsbury, TX...
- Lunch Report: Luling BBQ...
- Buc-ee's Report: Ice, Beer, Jerky - All 3 Food Gr...
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: Nothing to Report...
- GNW Polar Bear Swim Report: Brrrrrr...
- New Years Eve Report: I Got You Babe...
- ▼ Jan 2008 (28)