It isn't uncommon to see a car accident along Culebra Road. Usually, someone is Zigging when he should have been Zagging, or there is some idiot on a cell phone trying to change CD's not paying attention to the fact that the light has turned red or that their car is drifting into my lane.
Just last night on my way home from the airport at nearly midnight, I have the entire road along Loop 410 almost to myself, but some lady in a white Cadillac was so engrossed in her cell phone conversation that she had no idea that she had drifted into my lane causing me to quickly jerk into the empty lane next to me. What the hell? She probably was not aware that she had changed three lanes between San Pedro and Vance-Jackson.It gets even worse if you add lots of traffic and a little but of rain onto the roads. Just this afternoon on my way home from work, I happened upon this accident on Culebra, and naturally, traffic was really backed up behind it and somewhat in my direction only for the rubberneckers and people like me with camera's always ready to take a picture of some other guy's misfortune. I trust there were no injuries.And then, not even to the next stop light, another crash, no doubt caused by someone not having situational awareness.
The more I hear about this public transportation scheme where people simply sit in a bus or a train and not have to do the hard work of paying attention while they drive, the more I like it.
As long as I don't have to sit in the bus or train with them.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- Great Northwest Watch Report: My Notes...
- The Gratitude Campaign...
- River Walk Construction Update: Here's Your Fix......
- Lunch Report: Fat Cowboys
- Christine, TX: Howdy Mr. Parker...
- Let's Rodeo, San Antonio...
- Hot Bread Report...
- Trip Report Part Two: Thanks, Ted...
- Luggage Report: Where is Mine?
- River Walk Construction Update...
- Lunch Report: Maverick Grill in Floresville...
- Trip Report: Wilson County and Karnes County...
- Dinner Report: Lone Star Grill...
- Hair Report: Locks of Love...
- Daily Drive Report: Culebra + Rain = Wreck(s)...
- Dinner Report: 99 in Nashua, NH
- Lunch Report: Blake's Cafe...
- Ridge Creek Park Report: A-Team Clean-up Action......
- Lunch Report: Rib House...
- GNW Volunteer Opportunity: Saturday 12 Jan at 10AM...
- Infamous Names From the Past...
- Key Word Search Report: What Brought You Here?
- Trip Report: Kingsbury, TX...
- Lunch Report: Luling BBQ...
- Buc-ee's Report: Ice, Beer, Jerky - All 3 Food Gr...
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: Nothing to Report...
- GNW Polar Bear Swim Report: Brrrrrr...
- New Years Eve Report: I Got You Babe...
- ▼ Jan 2008 (28)