If you live in one of the many neighborhoods that make up San Antonio's Great NorthWest (GNW), and are looking for a chance to get out and volunteer for a little while and meet some neighbors, have I got an opportunity for you!
This Saturday, the 12th of January, 2008, a group of us will be meeting at the Ridge Creek Park located on Ridge Place, at 10AM. I am told that the GNWCIA will be providing the necessary equipment to help with clean-up, painting and such, but if you have anything that will make the job easier for you, feel free to bring it. (I wonder if anyone would be offended if the job was easier for me after a few cold beers?)
Nevertheless, this is a great chance to do something fun and good and meet some new people. I'll be there, so that ought to be worth the price of admission.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- Great Northwest Watch Report: My Notes...
- The Gratitude Campaign...
- River Walk Construction Update: Here's Your Fix......
- Lunch Report: Fat Cowboys
- Christine, TX: Howdy Mr. Parker...
- Let's Rodeo, San Antonio...
- Hot Bread Report...
- Trip Report Part Two: Thanks, Ted...
- Luggage Report: Where is Mine?
- River Walk Construction Update...
- Lunch Report: Maverick Grill in Floresville...
- Trip Report: Wilson County and Karnes County...
- Dinner Report: Lone Star Grill...
- Hair Report: Locks of Love...
- Daily Drive Report: Culebra + Rain = Wreck(s)...
- Dinner Report: 99 in Nashua, NH
- Lunch Report: Blake's Cafe...
- Ridge Creek Park Report: A-Team Clean-up Action......
- Lunch Report: Rib House...
- GNW Volunteer Opportunity: Saturday 12 Jan at 10AM...
- Infamous Names From the Past...
- Key Word Search Report: What Brought You Here?
- Trip Report: Kingsbury, TX...
- Lunch Report: Luling BBQ...
- Buc-ee's Report: Ice, Beer, Jerky - All 3 Food Gr...
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: Nothing to Report...
- GNW Polar Bear Swim Report: Brrrrrr...
- New Years Eve Report: I Got You Babe...
- ▼ Jan 2008 (28)