I took the day off today to get a bunch of errands done and had the bright idea to take my van out for a new set of brakes. I informed my wife of this little idea just as she was jumping into the shower. I figured by the time I got to the brake place and everything all squared away, she could come by, pick me up and we could eat a little snack.So, an hour later, I'm sitting in the waiting room of the Brake Check, and my wife comes to pick me up. She has a bright idea of her own. Since I'm getting new brakes, why don't we go and throw some new tires on her truck?So, long story short, during the time that we were waiting for both vehicles to get their respective work done, we wondered across the street from Discount Tires (Only the best for us, right?) and had a little breakfast snack.
I have seen this commercial for McDonald's new iced coffee kinda deal. They have this guy who has two cups of this stuff and he notices that one has slightly less than the other, so he starts sipping out of the full one, then sips the other to try to even the cups out. Because the iced coffee is just so delicious, by the time he gets to the two guys he is supposed to deliver them to, he has sipped it down to one cup.
So, my wife is a huge fan of Starbucks. But we were at McDonald's. While I was happy to get the coffee that came with the sausage biscuit and hash browns I ordered, she opted to try this new iced coffee.
She ordered the small iced coffee, but the manager taking her order advised us that they do not offer a small, only medium or large. I don't have to tell you that if you only have two sizes and one is bigger than the other, then technically, the smaller of the two is small, not medium. But you know that. McDonald's does not.
Anyway, my wife gets her medium iced coffee and took a single sip and made quite the face and said quite loudly I might add, "This crap is horrible!"Okay, so I have been wondering how the original coffee in that McDonald's commercial had been missing a sip or two from it. Now we both know. Somebody obviously ordered the medium and got the same reaction my wife did.
Oh, the other thing we learned from McDonald's is that apparently, you aren't supposed to eat from the displays. Say What? And you know they didn't put the official napkin sign out as a proactive warning. I mean, in the same way it took some clumsy lady suing the bejesus out of McDonald's because she poured coffee down her thighs without realizing it may be hot, for them to put a warning sign on the cup that tells you it is hot; some dipshit must have taken a huge bite out of the Thanksgiving display prompting them to ask others not to enjoy it beyond the standard visual inspection.
I think if you have to have the hand written napkin signage, it's time to hang it up or go wax.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (333)
- River Walk Construction Update: Moving right along...
- Strange in Sam's...
- Culture Report: Witte Museum...
- Midnight Snack Report: Village Inn...
- Wardrobe Report: Special Ghost Whispering Pants......
- Lunch Report: WhichWich?...
- A Thankful Thanksgiving...
- Medical Report: Surviving an Upset Tummy...
- My HEB Commercial...
- Mobility Report: Where are the Sidewalks on Culeb...
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Construction Report: Tezel Road Update...
- GNW Watch Report: Turkey, Trains and Talk...
- Lunch Report: SA Burger
- Tezel Road Report: Time to Finish this Mess...
- Airport Report: Hello Mr. President...
- Breakfast Report: Mickey D's...
- Animal Planet Report: We Have a Problem...
- Morning Drive Report: The Grass is Always Greener....
- NBC is Green - And Really Stupid...
- Morning Report: A Little Clean-up...
- Visitor Report: Konnichiwa!
- Strange in 78250: Tight Jeans... Really...Tight......
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: A Real Barn Burner...
- ▼ Nov 2007 (24)