A few years ago, San Antonio had this mayor named Ed Garza in office and he had two big issues as I recall. One was to ban smoking and the other was to get some soccer fields. At the time, I traded e-mails with him regarding more important pressing needs in the community such as sidewalks, drainage and potholes.
Anyway, several years have passed and I was reminded yesterday about the time that I was coming home from work driving up Culebra toward the intersection of Ingram Rd, and a man in in a motorized wheelchair had been hit by a car. What happened to all those federal persons with disabilities acts or the promises to get some sidewalks going? And don't businesses have any responsibility at all to provide sidewalks along the frontage of their property?
Just a thought.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (333)
- River Walk Construction Update: Moving right along...
- Strange in Sam's...
- Culture Report: Witte Museum...
- Midnight Snack Report: Village Inn...
- Wardrobe Report: Special Ghost Whispering Pants......
- Lunch Report: WhichWich?...
- A Thankful Thanksgiving...
- Medical Report: Surviving an Upset Tummy...
- My HEB Commercial...
- Mobility Report: Where are the Sidewalks on Culeb...
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Construction Report: Tezel Road Update...
- GNW Watch Report: Turkey, Trains and Talk...
- Lunch Report: SA Burger
- Tezel Road Report: Time to Finish this Mess...
- Airport Report: Hello Mr. President...
- Breakfast Report: Mickey D's...
- Animal Planet Report: We Have a Problem...
- Morning Drive Report: The Grass is Always Greener....
- NBC is Green - And Really Stupid...
- Morning Report: A Little Clean-up...
- Visitor Report: Konnichiwa!
- Strange in 78250: Tight Jeans... Really...Tight......
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: A Real Barn Burner...
- ▼ Nov 2007 (24)