How to put this delicately?
My two dogs, Gracie (the big one) and Panda (the little one) have selected for themselves, an alternative lifestyle. I have no issue with this, after all, they've been fixed and I don't think we should be so judgmental as to what they do when they aren't serving our family as faithful companions.
But it is a little awkward. The fact is that if these two bitches (they are technically female dogs) who are lesbians could only dance, they'd be the Ellen DeGeneres version of an Animal Planet variety show.
Instead, they just seem to lick each other, and I mean, all the time. Sweet sainted mother of Ceasar Millan; these dogs take sniffing butts to a new level. Eeeewwwww!
But that isn't the problem.
The problem is that the little one has started licking and biting the base of her tail to the point that she has created a small bald spot. At first, I thought this might be her doggy attempt at some sort of Mohawk. She'd get one side bald and then start on the other side in a few days. The tail would represent the spiky area in the middle. But, it has been limited to one side.
The other dog, Gracie, was just recently attended to by the dog groomers, so she has no need for a new fashion statement. Yet, she too has been doing some out of the ordinary scratching.
Oh, and now, they are attempting to perform doggy first aid on one another by licking each other in the itchy areas. The areas near the butt.
So, my wife is pretty disgusted by the whole thing. But the good news is, we have family coming in from out of town this weekend. I suspect someone will pose the question, "What do ya'll do for fun in Texas?"
Cue the Gracie and Panda DeGeneres show...
But if you have an idea of what all this licking and such is about, e-mail me.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (333)
- River Walk Construction Update: Moving right along...
- Strange in Sam's...
- Culture Report: Witte Museum...
- Midnight Snack Report: Village Inn...
- Wardrobe Report: Special Ghost Whispering Pants......
- Lunch Report: WhichWich?...
- A Thankful Thanksgiving...
- Medical Report: Surviving an Upset Tummy...
- My HEB Commercial...
- Mobility Report: Where are the Sidewalks on Culeb...
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Construction Report: Tezel Road Update...
- GNW Watch Report: Turkey, Trains and Talk...
- Lunch Report: SA Burger
- Tezel Road Report: Time to Finish this Mess...
- Airport Report: Hello Mr. President...
- Breakfast Report: Mickey D's...
- Animal Planet Report: We Have a Problem...
- Morning Drive Report: The Grass is Always Greener....
- NBC is Green - And Really Stupid...
- Morning Report: A Little Clean-up...
- Visitor Report: Konnichiwa!
- Strange in 78250: Tight Jeans... Really...Tight......
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: A Real Barn Burner...
- ▼ Nov 2007 (24)