Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Midnight Snack Report: Village Inn...

Our last visit to the Village Inn left us eager to try it for something besides lunch - specifically, my wife wanted to try the waffles. So after a day full of Internet surfing, TV watching and dog bathing, we decided we should at least get out of the house for a snack. Off to Village Inn.

She had exactly what she had been craving - the Belgian Waffle with strawberries.
Not a complaint at all, though I opted not to taste it. I didn't want it to interfere with my little craving.I'm not quite sure what my obsession is with finding the perfect Reuben and honestly, I don't even know why I enjoy them. Sauerkraut is not a standard menu item in my mental selection and I pretty much lost interest in 1000 island dressing years ago. But for some reason, I need the Reuben!Unlike the one I had at Which Wich the other day, this was in the proper format. On flat rye bread, the sandwich is layered evenly so with each bite, you experience all the ingredients equally. I just don't think you are supposed to be eating it at 10pm, but who knows.Anyway, a second visit and another set of Tasty Treats for Village Inn. Eventually, I will have to try the breakfast.


1 comment:

Shorty said...

I've never been here. At one point I had a conversation with a former co-worker who talked about these and I swore we didn't have any in SA, but then lo, I beheld one.

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites