If you are one of the local readers of this blog and have occasion to travel up or down along Tezel Road between Timber Path and Guilbeau, you know exactly what I'm talking about. For those not in the know, we have had over two years of a main artery to neighborhoods in our area undergoing some sort of revitalization apparently performed by The Three Stooges Construction Company and supervised by Beevis and Butthead.
My neighbors Gus & Ruby told me about a sign they saw posted at the flower shop/Post Office in the Ridge Gate shopping center on Tezel. So, I had to take my camera and go see what all the hoopla was about.Sure enough, the construction continues, although there seem to be stretches of serious inactivity. I talked to the nice lady at the Post Office and she told me that it was just too much. The only way to get the people at TxDOT to get on the stick is to e-mail them, call them, write them and complain.I don't want to get all black helicopter conspiracy theory on you, but I just wonder if the lack of effort, and more importantly, the incompetence in doing this project has been a way to convince residents to be for toll roads? Maybe not, but forgive me if I appear to have a distrust of TxDOT.
All I know is that several weeks back when one side of the road was seemingly finished, I happened to be driving up Tezel and it started to rain. Nothing monumental, just a shower. Water was pooling on a brand new stretch of road, right in front of a sewer drain. WTF? The lady at the Post Office said that was probably simple incometences by SAWS or CPS.Either way, this mess has dragged on far too long. Please follow the postal lady's advice and complain here.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (333)
- River Walk Construction Update: Moving right along...
- Strange in Sam's...
- Culture Report: Witte Museum...
- Midnight Snack Report: Village Inn...
- Wardrobe Report: Special Ghost Whispering Pants......
- Lunch Report: WhichWich?...
- A Thankful Thanksgiving...
- Medical Report: Surviving an Upset Tummy...
- My HEB Commercial...
- Mobility Report: Where are the Sidewalks on Culeb...
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Construction Report: Tezel Road Update...
- GNW Watch Report: Turkey, Trains and Talk...
- Lunch Report: SA Burger
- Tezel Road Report: Time to Finish this Mess...
- Airport Report: Hello Mr. President...
- Breakfast Report: Mickey D's...
- Animal Planet Report: We Have a Problem...
- Morning Drive Report: The Grass is Always Greener....
- NBC is Green - And Really Stupid...
- Morning Report: A Little Clean-up...
- Visitor Report: Konnichiwa!
- Strange in 78250: Tight Jeans... Really...Tight......
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: A Real Barn Burner...
- ▼ Nov 2007 (24)