Dave

<a href="http://silvercreek78250.blogspot.com/">Dave</a>
Your Host

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Lunch Report: Panama City Airport Grill...

Every once in a while, I like to get out of the office for lunch at some place out of the ordinary. This morning, I decided I would try a little burger place not far from the beach.
The small little airport looks so friendly.
But what is wrong with this picture? Yes, that is a baggage carousel. And what do we see on it? NOT MY BAGGAGE! Turns out that the folks in Atlanta who move the luggage from one plane to the next do so at the same speed, regardless of whether you are jogging through the airport to make your connecting flight or not! This was told to me by a baggage handler at Panama City, so I take it on good authority.
So, since I had to wait for the next flight for my luggage, and since my son couldn't pick me up for a few hours, I decided to skip a cab and just do lunch at the little grill. It looked safe and I found some free WiFi!
This is my cheeseburger, fries and lemonade for $7.99. It'll do in a pinch.
By the way, I was looking through that SkyMall magazine on the flight (the flight I took that my luggage did not), and I saw this picture of a dog. Does that not look like a Walrus? Where are the hind legs?

No comments:

About Your Host

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.

Previous Reporting

Famous Followers of the SC78250 Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites