My friends at Dictionary.com tell me that a hiatus is a "break or interruption in the continuity of a work, series, action, etc". They did not specify a specific amount of time in order for the break or interruption to be considered a hiatus, but I expected to take at least a month away from posting my reports here.
In addition to the handful of comments, handful of e-mails and handful of conversations requesting a speedy return, I think the slight nudging from my wife to keep things going has prompted me to take a brief hiatus from my brief hiatus. Honestly, she has had her camera at the ready pointing out various odd things that would be worth alerting eager readers to. It is hard to resist.There were Christmas trees in August already on display at Hobby Lobby. Okay, I don’t find that so unusual considering, in a month of 100 degree days, who doesn’t need more shade?There was a guy with pink hair in the HEB. Really, is that so odd these days?I have often suspected that kids rebel this way when their parents make childhood a difficult thing. How is a kid supposed to swing on this? You'd paint your hair too.And how is a kid supposed to play basketball on a moving court? I wanted so bad to follow this guy, just to see if he made it to wherever he was going.
In spite of not having plans to provide any reports on places we ate, the habit of photographing one’s vittles prior to consumption is a tough thing to break. These sammies came from Spoonz, the grill at HEB Plus. And they were quite tasty.And let's be honest; when you are stopped at an intersection, don't you notice the crooked toes of people in other cars? My wife does. I just take the pictures.And it wasn't just my wife; regular reader Lee (you know him as Anon E. Mouse) could not help but tempt me with field reports filed with his camera phone. A spiffy Micro Bus in the '50 is only made better when you know pizza won't be long.And sure enough, I received reports of progress on the Pizza Hut as well!
So in a single word, my recent hiatus can best be described as:And I'll post again when I can....
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- Control Your Kids: No Screaming...
- Blanket, Pillow, Hot Water Bottle...
- Strange in 78250: Don't Do It...
- Lunch Report: Beef & Bourbon...
- Dinner Report: Salad Creations in Alamo Ranch...
- On Big Feet and El Chupacabras...
- Paint Drive: Saturday 29 August in Silver Creek......
- Dinner Report: Cheddar's Part Two...
- San Antonio (McAllister Park) Advances
- Timber Path Bridge Construction Update
- Code Compliance Class in GNW...
- Good Afternoon Fellow Drivers...
- That was Quick...
- Hiatus Report: Back in a While or so...
- Lunch Report: Chunky's Burgers...
- Great Northwest: Luau Tonight, 8PM at the Lodge......
- Did it just rain? Here?
- Dinner Report: Joe's Pizza & Pasta, Sulphur, LA......
- Dinner Report: Pineapple Willy's, Panama City Beac...
- The JC Penny Report: Zip It...
- A Personal Note...
- Panama City Beach: Nice Hat...
- Dinner Report: Hofbrau Beer Garden, Pier Park in P...
- Lunch Report: The Shed, Ocean Springs, MS...
- Promotion Report
- Waffle House Report: It ain't Jim's...
- ▼ Aug 2009 (26)
- ► 2008 (333)