If you are a fan of detective shows like CSI or Investigative Reports, you know that we have clearly stumbled upon a crime in The Five Oh, and other than taking a picture in case they need some evidence, I'm not that good of a sleuth to figure out just what happened.We were parked in the HEB grabbing a few essentials when my wife spotted what appeared to be a perfectly good pair of tennis shoes sitting atop a trash can, and a pair of designer jeans, turned inside-out, laying beside the same trash container.
Do you suppose some homeless guy traded up? I mean, could it be that there was a box containing some new slacks and some comfortable boots there before, and the person simply traded?
What if the previous owner was out streaking around the parking lot and we stumbled upon the place where he was holding his clothes? But then again, in this heat, if you streak you should wear shoes (and plenty of sunscreen).
I did sniff from a distance and did not note any smell associated with an "accidental discharge" that may have caused someone to simply leave their jeans, but even so, why would you leave your shoes behind, just because your crapped your pants?Maybe the guy robbed a bank and was trying to get rid of the clothes in case there was a line-up and he didn't want the bank tellers to identify him. I've never been in a line-up, but I'm guessing that the guy without pants is going to stand out more than a guy in jeans and white tennis shoes. Just a thought.
Geeze. It just occured to me that I never bothered to look inside the trash can. I hope there isn't some body parts in there. It'd be just my luck to go out of my way to take a picture of a crime scene and miss the most important details.
If you have a theory or actually know why someobody left their pants and shoes at HEB, use the comments button below. Otherwise, this is just plain strange.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- Yard Work Report: How to Cover Dead Grass...
- Random Photo Report: Peeing in Harrods of London
- The Pineapple Report...
- Strange in Brackenridge Park...
- Lunch Report: Augies Barbed Wire Smoke House...
- Random Photo Report: The SecDef's Wife...
- The Paint Report: Seriously, I'm not a Painter...
- Bakery Report: Panifico (or Bedoys) on 24th Street...
- Downtown Report: War Memorial, Main Plaza, Gumby.....
- Random Photo Report: Getting the Gold...
- Strange in 78250: The Case of the Missing Pants......
- Got Pet Problems? Get a Sign...
- River Walk Construction Update...
- Turn out the Lights:
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- My Neighbor Has a New Pet...
- No Water Shortage Here....
- I'm Not a Happy Camper Report:
- Father's Day Report: Calls, Beds, Steaks...
- Lunch Report: Crumpets...
- Crappy Service Report: US Postal Service...
- Lookin' Good in The Five-Oh...
- Celebrity Sighting Report: Cousin Itt
- Yard Work Report...
- GNWCIA Board Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Strange in Obits: Jack Mildren
- Lunch Report: The Lords Kitchen...
- A-Team Report: Timberwilde Students Paint the GNW....
- ▼ Jun 2008 (28)