My wife was born and raised in San Antonio and has fond memories of the various establishments that, once part of her childhood, have faded away or in the case of Bedoys', have transitioned into something new.She reminded me of how her father would drive all the way from the Lackland area on Sunday's after church to Bedoy on the corner of 24th and Morales to grab all sorts of sweet bread for the family.
I'm not a huge fan of sweet bread (if I indulge, I'm more of the Dunkin Donut type), but I can understand the need.
We were in the area the other day for an important (you guessed it) eating engagement, when my wife suggested we pop in to the bakery. These days, the place has new ownership and has modernized. The name is now Panifico. I think the format is very modern and well done. They have each customer pick up what I think is a pizza pan and a set of tongs, then go about collecting the various pastries from the cabinets. At the end, they ring you up and send your tray and tongs to the wash. Pretty modern!
Go on. You know you want some.
About Your Host
- San Antonio, TX, United States
- I love to observe the odd things happening around me as I go about my day. I especially like it when I can get a picture of people being themselves. Here, I attempt to report the various people and events I have encountered in my neighborhood, and my city. I'd also love to hear from you. Feel free to e-mail your experiences and photos of life in San Antonio.
Sites For San Antonio
- About San Antonio
- Artichoke Anathema
- Bexar County Line
- Braun Station West
- City Data - San Antonio
- Concerned in SA
- Craigs List
- Great Northwest
- KENS-5 TV
- Live From the Alamo City
- Living Out Here
- MySA (Express-News)
- SA Metro Daily
- San Antonio & Austin Radio
- San Antonio Burger Blog
- San Antonio Daily Photo
- San Antonio Hams
- San Antonio Lightning
- San Antonio Remembers
- San Antonio Spyglass
- Strange in San Antonio
- Texas Cooking
- Texas Escapes
- The Cleto Show
- The Dish on Food
- The SA Airport
- Views of Texas
Blogs I Visit From Time to Time
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (326)
- Yard Work Report: How to Cover Dead Grass...
- Random Photo Report: Peeing in Harrods of London
- The Pineapple Report...
- Strange in Brackenridge Park...
- Lunch Report: Augies Barbed Wire Smoke House...
- Random Photo Report: The SecDef's Wife...
- The Paint Report: Seriously, I'm not a Painter...
- Bakery Report: Panifico (or Bedoys) on 24th Street...
- Downtown Report: War Memorial, Main Plaza, Gumby.....
- Random Photo Report: Getting the Gold...
- Strange in 78250: The Case of the Missing Pants......
- Got Pet Problems? Get a Sign...
- River Walk Construction Update...
- Turn out the Lights:
- GNWCIA Meeting Report: My Notes...
- My Neighbor Has a New Pet...
- No Water Shortage Here....
- I'm Not a Happy Camper Report:
- Father's Day Report: Calls, Beds, Steaks...
- Lunch Report: Crumpets...
- Crappy Service Report: US Postal Service...
- Lookin' Good in The Five-Oh...
- Celebrity Sighting Report: Cousin Itt
- Yard Work Report...
- GNWCIA Board Meeting Report: My Notes...
- Strange in Obits: Jack Mildren
- Lunch Report: The Lords Kitchen...
- A-Team Report: Timberwilde Students Paint the GNW....
- ▼ Jun 2008 (28)